Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Started by Alison, June 29, 2005, 11:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alison

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet!!  17 days!! who else is as excited as i am!!   :o  ;D  :)
  •  

Susan

I generally wait for the movies. I have never once read a harry potter book. I think I recoil from them due to the hype they are given. Now Susan Cooper's The Dark is Rising books I have fond memories of when I was a child. I even rebought the series and gave it to my neice and nephew.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Dennis

I really like both the books and the movies. It's fortunately one series in which reading the book doesn't ruin the movie for me. I started reading them before the hype got really bad and now I'm hooked.

I was in line at midnight on release day for the last one. Might be for this one too. Then I gotta stop myself from reading it for a while and save it for when I'm recovering from chest surgery. Hmm. Maybe I shouldn't get it right at release.

Dennis
  •  

LostInTime

I am waiting for the new book as well.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the series and I will miss it when she finally completes it.
  •  

stephanie_craxford

I must admit I have never read a Harry Potter book, but I have watched a couple of the movies.  I'll wait for the movie as well  :)
  •  

4years

I think I have all of the movies, I can't help but think the books must be better though. Still, I like Hermione... only competent one there half the time. *shrug*

•  

Alison

I started reading the series the time book 3 came out.....  the books are -so- much better than the movies.... ESPECIALLY book 3.... theres a whole other level to that mauraders map they didn't even touch in the movie....

I'm sooooooooo excited... and the best part is the day after it releases Jaycie's grandfather is taking the family "on vacation" (read: 5 hours south so we can stay at a best western and go to a water park  ::) ) but anyhow it'll give me time to read it :)
  •  

Susan

Oh saw a preview for The chronicles of Narnia tonight looks like it's gonna kick some major butt
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Naomi

I'm not such a big fan of the Harry Potter series...His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman is a great trilogy though (in my opinion).
  •  

Cloaked_Vampire

I like the harry potter series, I like most fantasy novels though, Im a big reader. The movies I think have too much cut out of them. I cant wait for the next book, people were fighting and almost punching each other out for a book at the release of the last one, it was crazy.

Tristan
  •  

Kendall

I dread Harry Potter's book on Friday. I am on vacation now, but have to interrupt it to work Fri night till midnight, since thats when the book comes out. I haven't read it, just saw first movie. Guess it just goes with working in a book store, but they making mandatory attendance assigned fri or saturday.
  •  

Shelley

I agree with you Tristan,

I am required to read some pretty bland stuff for work and my academic pursuits so Fantasy especially Science Fantasy is the go for me when I want to relax.

The Harry Potter series i must admit I have enjoyed more than I thought I would and for those who said book over movie that is my preference also. There is so much more in a book than a movie.

Shelley
  •  

djwunderllama

I have completed the book and I must say, what a cliff hanger!! I knew that someone was going to die, but come on! And finally he goes to the dark side! Everyone asks me, what happens? and I have too much to tell them. You have to read it for yourself. However, Book 4 is still my far my favorite...

-Dirk
  •  

Shelley

I'm half way through so don't spoil it Dirk.

Shelley
  •  

Dennis

The trailer for Goblet of Fire is up on the Harry Potter website. Looks awesome!

Dennis
  •  

djwunderllama

I've seen all of the movies more than 3 times in the theatre.....   I'm such a dork!  ;D
But I cannot wait for the next movie.

-Dirk
  •