Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Tofu - what to do with

Started by Janet_Girl, October 16, 2008, 07:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teree

here's an idea...

1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained 
1 lb. (16 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes 
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed 
1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained 
8 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, crumbled 
4 oz. soft tofu cubed

MICROWAVE all ingredients in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 5 min. or until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 3 min. 
SERVE with tortilla chips and cut-up fresh vegetables.

>:-)

•  

Valerie Elizabeth

I made tofu for the first time tonight.  I made a General's Tso's tofu dinner.  First let me comment how gross tofu looks and smells in the package.  ewwwww.

I browned the tofu on all sides, mixed up a sauce, added the sauce to the tofu, simmered it down.  Poured it over rice.  Epic delicious.

After it is cooked, the tofu actually tastes good. I used extra firm, and it had a similar consistency to like a chicken or pork when cooked.

Overall, I am rather pleased.

On a side note, I wanted to start a topic on tofu, but found this one.  You all read my mind!
"There comes a point in life when you realize everything you know about yourself, it's all just conditioning."  True Blood

"You suffer a lot more hiding something than if you face up to it."  True Blood
  •  

Cindy

There is a very nice Australian reciepe that uses Tofu. It's vegetarian, carnivore and mineral based. VERY good for the digestive system.

Take one medium sized Galah: Its a type of parrot but you can substitute free range pigeon. A piece of Tofu, about the same weight as the Galah/Pigeon. A piece of granite (preferably blue), half the weight of the Galah/pigeon/Tofu. PLace in a large pan. Add about 1 liter of red wine, garlic and some tomato, season juice to taste.

Simmer over a low heat until the granite is soft. Strain, eat the granite and drink the sauce. Throw the Tofu and Galah away. Works every time.

Cindy
  •