Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I need some very basic Make up tutoring, webpages, or tips

Started by annajasmine, October 22, 2008, 10:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielleca

One thing I think I completely underestimated was how ambidextrous women are.  My goodness... when I have to apply anything with my non-dominant hand I'm a mess!

danielle
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

I didn't read through all of the posts, but my favorite book is "Makeup Makeovers" by Robert Jones.

The book is really good at explaining things and helping pick colors.  My Ex said it is a really amazing book too.
"There comes a point in life when you realize everything you know about yourself, it's all just conditioning."  True Blood

"You suffer a lot more hiding something than if you face up to it."  True Blood
  •  

Genevieve Swann

I never seem to get the ideal mascara. I have Max Factor that is good. There must be some better. Any reccomendations.  I do agree with tekla that it is a craft. Most definitely a form of art. Sometimes I feel creative and do well. Other times it turns out more like a Picasso. I'm going to check out some the web sites suggested. ByBy Genevieve

lizbeth

my mascara regiment is as follows:
curl, primer coat, first application of mascara
if I want a more dramatic look I'll follow up with a second application of mascara. Primer was the key for me, i would always apply too much mascara trying to get the right curl or seperation and wind up with way too much mascara that would clump.
  •  

Genevieve Swann

Thank you, That is my usual procedure. One coat, wait a few and then a second. Some brands still look clumpy and sort of flakes off a little after a few hours. Thanks again, Genevieve

lizbeth

I am currently using Revlon Lash Fantasy, i really like this mascara for everyday use.
  •  

Ms Jessica

cover girl lash blast.  works great.  My wife uses a different cover girl, comes in a red tube. 
Here's a few tricks I picked up:
on a brand new mascara, the wand is almost always straight, unless it's been manufactured with a curve in it (more brands do this nowadays).  So, if the wand is straight, press it down against a hard surface to give it a slight curve.  This will make the wand more like the natural shape of your eye.  Makes it easier to apply, especially at the inner corner of your eye. 

Also, after removing the wand from the mascara tube, press the narrow tip into a kleenex, and wipe off any excess with a tissue.  That prevents the over-application that ends up clumping.  Don't pump the wand in the mascara tube-- it pushes air in, and can cause the mascara to dry out faster. 

Look for a good lash separator/brush.  You almost never get completely clump free, and inevitably there's always a few lashes stuck together.  The brush is a life saver. 

•  

Genevieve Swann

I'll try the out the covergirl. The one I use most has a curve brush. It is much easier to use. I'll look through my things today. There are some new things I haven't even used yet. Thank you. Genevieve

Post Merge: February 27, 2009, 08:10:07 AM

Heliconia grows wild in the rain forests of central America. It smells nice too.