Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

FFS dilemma: Should I? Or shouldn't I?

Started by Gracie Faise, November 15, 2008, 10:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gracie Faise

(dunno if I should be posting this here or in the FFS board (it seemed more for information on FFS procedures, and stuff) so move it oh mighty mods and admins if it is necessary.)

I've been playing with the idea of one day down the road of getting FFS. I dunno. Most of the time I think I don't need it, other times I'm not so sure. You see, from straight on I look great, no doubt. But... from the side I look like a totally different, person. Not only is my side-view-self barely not passing in my opinion, it's very... not as nice looking as straight-on-me.

But I'm still really flimsy about taking a hot knife to my face, so I want some very open and honest opinions about how I look from the side.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has noticed structural changes in their faces due to hormones like brow and nose shape.

Also, I can photoshop my own face in photoshop, I don't need links to someone's website that will do it for 10 dollars. (Don't mean so sound rude about it)

But yeah, the face:

(just for comparison sake, here is straight on. Big change, huh?)

So... Opinions? Do you think I would benefit enough from FFS to take the risk of having it?
  •  

Nero

i look horrible from the side. most women don't like their profile. it's normal and people really don't pay any attention to it.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

deviousxen

I dk if I'd trust that... And you don't look TOTALLY different from the side view.

•  

tinkerbell

Anyone can benefit from FFS, Gracie, even those with the most feminine features.  Just so you know what I am talking about, here:

http://www.virtualffs.co.uk/gallery.htm

Pretty wild, eh?  ;D

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Gracie Faise

Quote from: Tink on November 15, 2008, 10:45:00 PM
Anyone can benefit from FFS, Gracie, even those with the most feminine features.  Just so you know what I am talking about, here:

http://www.virtualffs.co.uk/gallery.htm

Pretty wild, eh?  ;D

tink :icon_chick:

I've seen this before, yeah. I'd benefit, I know. But enough to make the 5k-10k worth spending is what I meant.

Posted on: November 15, 2008, 09:59:10 pm
Quote from: Nero on November 15, 2008, 10:38:22 PM
i look horrible from the side. most women don't like their profile. it's normal and people really don't pay any attention to it.

Really now? Hmm...
  •  

Nero

yeah. most people think they look awful in profile. i really would go more on the front than the profile. the profile really isnt that big a deal unless you're modeling and have to show do a lot of profiles or something.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

je

I'm not all that good at evaluating a face, but you wanted it so I shall do it. You don't have to believe a damn thing I say.

You will probably need ffs at least sometime down the road as your face thins out due to age. I don't think you particularly need it at this moment through. Hell, I'll probably end up getting some rhinoplasty work and a brow reduction in the future. Of course, I still have only barely started hrt about a month ago. So, who the f--k knows at this point.

I don't think the side angle you used is straight on; so, I'm not quite sure about the features because I know my face looks odd when my face isn't level.

Alright here are my observations about your face. As I said before, you DON'T have to believe a damn thing I say because these are MY observations.

The brow looks kind of prominent. It does look like it sticks out somewhat. The forehead I can't quite tell, but it does look like it slants back kind of harshly, although this could just be the angle of the image. The nose looks quite good. I don't see a real hump or anything on it. You have a really good roundness. The cheek from the side looks a little lacking in prominence, but I'm not sure. Lips look good, chin is great, and jaw is good.

You have a nice heart shape too.
  •  

Kelley Jo

There is just the hint of masculinity in that profile I can't quite define. But I must say it's nothing that isn't present in a family member of mine who I KNOW was born genetically female. The frontal pic is perfect. You don't need FFS.

Save the cash, buy me some clothes instead!!!
  •  

Janet_Girl

IMHO...................Are you nuts or just blind.  I should be so lucky to have your looks.  We all change as we age.  Worry about it in, gee, I don't know, say 20 30 years.

Why do the pretty one always think that they need to improve what is already lookin good.

* bows and shaking her head *
  •  

TamTam

Your profile is not masculine enough that I'd ever even have a question or doubt raised, Gracie.  Honestly.  It's just as feminine as any other woman's profile.  No one has a 'perfect profile,' like the kind they make artistic silhouettes out of and stuff.  I despise my profile, it's all flat and there's no shape at all.. but.. as has been said, people don't really stare at profiles all day, lol.  It's such a small deal.  And even if someone was like "huh that's a weird profile" [although I can't imagine why], all they'd have to do was look at you head-on and then they'd forget all about it.

Worth $5,000?  Definitely not.  Worth $5?  I would still say definitely not.  But that's just me, an outsider's perspective.  If you really feel self-conscious about it, then it could very well be worth it to you.
  •  

Kelley Jo

I found this artistic rendition of a female profile which I believe would pass with anyone, hands down. So what is different about it and Gracie's profile pic?

•  

Gracie Faise

Well, my nose isn't up-turned, but it's my mother's nose so... I see what you're getting at. Yeah, I guess it isn't so bad.
  •  

Janet_Girl

Well, duuuuhhhh.   ;D  Sorry, hon.  I could not resist.  You are beautiful that way you are.
  •  

Kelley Jo

Quote from: Janet Lynn on November 16, 2008, 01:17:59 AM
Well, duuuuhhhh.   ;D  Sorry, hon.  I could not resist.  You are beautiful that way you are.

She is...and how I envy her.
  •  

sd

With your looks, no.
Too much money, risk and pain for how little you will gain.

I have always thought you made it look easy.
  •  

Mari

Very hard to decide, should or shouldn't you... But... IMHO it is not needed,
I bet you pass well, but wetaher or not is it wanted only you know.
On the other hand, i think FFS emphazises the perfection too much, which is
something very are among humans, trans or not.
If one passes, ie. looks like a member of their targer physiacl sex, than FFS is not
about transition, it is just about the looks. Sure you will look better after it, but do you
really need that to live your life, only you can tell. I think that everyone has something
they wish to improve about themselves, only that Ts woman who have the means to do
so seem more likely to do it, not giving it second thought.
Anyways, best wishes with whatever u decide
She is no longer trapped by destiny
And ever since she let go of the past
She found her life was beginning
  •  

Kelley Jo

Quote from: Gracie FAISE on November 16, 2008, 01:15:40 AM
Well, my nose isn't up-turned, but it's my mother's nose so... I see what you're getting at. Yeah, I guess it isn't so bad.

No, your nose isn't all that prominent. It looks fine. What I'm thinking is that your forehead is prominent. And that's just in the pic. It's really hard to judge when you're taking snapshots of yourself as opposed to moving around like in real life.

Seems like you pulled your hair back just for the picture. I'd like to see how you look wearing your hair covering your forehead and ears. Could you do that?

And to answer my own question, the chick in the painting, her jawline transverses from her chin to her ear. It's an upward slope whereas yours goes more perpendicular to you neck.

Yup, after looking this over closely I'm convinced that what is giving that tiny hint of masculinity in your profile is your jaw. I'm thinking makeup?

The gals here would know much more about this than me, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. A little makeup could probably de-emphasize your jawline. But you don't itr need anyway. As I said, you look fine.
  •  

Nero

what Mari said. also remember that every female alive has something she'd change about herself. imo it'd just be vanity for you to have FFS but tons of ggs also get plastic surgery over vanity. if it really makes you feel better, why not?
  •  

Kelley Jo

Nero, she's not asking so much if she should get FFS as she is where to focus it. I agree she doesn't need it at all but if she is going to do it I'd say her jaw is her most prominent male feature.

Just my 2 cents.
  •  

Kelley Jo

Quote from: je on November 16, 2008, 05:07:12 AM
QuoteNero, she's not asking so much if she should get FFS as she is where to focus it. I agree she doesn't need it at all but if she is going to do it I'd say her jaw is her most prominent male feature.

Yea, I don't think she really wanted the ass kissing parade to come calling. I didn't notice that about the jaw. tat iz kewl

Telling her she doesn't need FFS is an ass-kissing parade? Oooooooooooooookay.
  •