Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Change

Started by gennee, January 22, 2009, 04:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gennee

It's time for people to continue working towards change. I'm pleased with the election and inaguration, but we need to keep our elected officials on their toes. We also need to keep leaders of lgbt organizations on their toes, also. THis is so imortant for transgender people because we are relegated to the sidelines many times by lgb communities.

The only way change will be effected is when people are involved and engaged at getting at the root causes of the problems. I believe that 2009 is a pivotal year for transgender people. It is also a crucial year for the country as a whole. With the economy the way it is, the rise in violence against transgender people, and the war, the time has come for people to take charge of their lives.

I am involved with a grassroots organization creating an independent media to address the concerns of poor and working people. We are the folks who are footing the bill for the banks and corporations. Grassroots organizations are being created to deal with the many concerns of our society. Transgender people will need to speak for themselves. I pray that we are not a footnote and afterthought in 2010. I encourage you all to work for change.   

Gennee
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •