Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

what do you see when you look at yourself in the mirror?

Started by Natasha, January 24, 2009, 10:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alycya

hmmm... well, i'm happy of my body - after a full body wax a see a sexy woman. If I look at my face without any makeup i see a sort of androgynous being - after the make up i see a nice woman with a big nose.

lol

Hugs,
Aly
"Know masculinity, maintain femininity, and be a ravine for all under heaven" - Lao Tzu

•  

Jacqueline

I have trouble seeing all of my face till recently. It was a defense mechanism. When I look in the mirror, I saw a very sad old man(nearly dead). I felt horror, dread and hate.

It is starting to shift. I am starting to see a different(old as in years ago-younger) me. I think I am seeing glimpses of the me I feel I should have been. Still a little bit of a challenge to see the whole face. Each step seems better.

Hopefully,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

V M

At first thought I see beautiful and caring woman  :icon_chick:  But then I start noticing all of my various flaws and then it begins to set in how lonely I am and so then I start to see a woman who wishes she was a bit better looking and didn't feel like such a loser

- A fixer upper with potential of sorts  :-\
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Violets

I've never had a good relationship with the mirror, and I've lost count how many times I've felt despair when looking at my reflection. Logically, I know that the reflection I see is me, but my brain has never fully accepted that; There's a disconnect of sorts that I often liken to wearing a bear suit that I just cannot remove no matter what.

After 8 months of HRT I've yet to see what the real me looks like underneath that suit, but I'm hopeful that day will come soon.

•  

schwarzwalderkirschtort

Myself. I can't change most of it. I just have what i've been given. It's just a reflection, and doesn't see anything but exterior.
  •  

Cindi Jones

I see the same woman you can see in my profile picture. I like me.
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

stephaniec

It depends on the lighting and where I am and with or without make up. If I'm at home and I just wake up and the sun light is coming up from the east and I look into my web cam I can see a 64 year old withering old man. If I position the computer right with the correct sun angle and without my make up I can get a descent looking older woman looking back at me. The right sun light angle and camera angle and make up I get a pretty decent middle aged woman staring back. I know when I go to my therapists office she has paintings on the walls and when I look at the reflection in the glass I can see a hot mature woman.
  •  

Deborah

I see myself and right now I'm pretty happy with what I see.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Just Me Here

I never minded mirrors as much as I should have, my eyes would just glide over where i could see myself, you could say that when I started looking I stopped seeing. It was never perfect though, but it was better than nothing. When I saw myself, I tended to think "Oh! That's odd." and start ignoring stuff again. I think i've learnt the hard way that it's easy to be the victim, but it's even easier to ignore your victimhood and let it fester inside you until it grows into a metastasizing tumor on your soul. You can't change a problem that you can't see.
  •  

Heita

I sort of check things... shiny hair, looking straight and elegant, strong enough, energetic enough, and let's see if what I'm wearing minimises the fat distribution thing. I am really working towards supporting myself if I look bad instead of beating myself up for that, but usually after the check I forget about the look thing and gives myself as a person a thumbs up or a victory sign before heading out.
  •  

V

Sometimes I see a woman, sometimes I still see a guy. Occasionally I see a 'thing' looking back at me that I can't stand, sometimes I scream at it, sometimes I cry. Sometimes I don't really register what I see, as I'm just going through the daily routine of getting ready.
It all depends on what mood I'm in at the time. I don't think I'll ever truly conquer gender dysphoria, I just don't know.
  •  

Michelle_P

I used to see a sad old man.  Now I see me, and he hardly ever shows up any more.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

becky.rw

freaking fur
everywhere.
except of course, on top of my head where it would do some good...
bah
  •  

V

Quote from: rwOnnaDesuKa on August 10, 2016, 11:09:13 PM
freaking fur
everywhere.
bah

You're not alone, I see that too.
  •  

sid104

I cant feel my face when am with you ::)
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: rwOnnaDesuKa on August 10, 2016, 11:09:13 PM
freaking fur
everywhere.
bah

+2
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Kylo

I don't trust the mirror. I could look pretty decent in it, and then someone takes a photo at a bash or in a bar and I look like I ran face-first into a train. I don't think I look good, but the idea that I still look better in the mirror than in real life is depressing.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Jocee

I have love/hate relationship with my mirror. It's also a powerful motivator for me.

Two years ago, I got out of the shower and glimpsed something that I had become - middle aged, portly, and quite unattractive. That single event prompted a focused regime of fitness (bicycle, walking and recently running) for at least 75 minutes a day (5 - 15 miles depending on the mode). By eating sensibly, i've lost 50 lbs and am no longer obese. In 25 lbs. I'll be in the right range for a woman of 5' 10"

So, now when I look in the mirror I am happy to see a belly that is weight/height proportional. I'm happy that my waist is now a size 34 (not a size 42).  I'm also please when I dress fully at how much better I do look, and the fact that I'm fitting into a size 14/16 of the first time in ages (which opens up so much more choice)

I'm not pleased that I have a "waddle" of loose skin under my chin now, nor do I have any breasts or hips that are of my own making - hence the love/hate relationship.

Joanna
  •  

Alice-jones

During my make up session I love to see the transformation from sad looking guy into a happy female.

After I have applied all my make up, hidden body parts, exaggerated body parts, applied and painted my false nails, put on my lingerie and a nice dress or a skirt and blouse I step into a pair of heels and look into my full length mirror and I see a happy woman who looks younger than her male counter part.

When I become Alice and look into the mirror I feel so happy and content

Alice x
  •  

Christy Lee

I try not to look, to depressing

I hate shaving, i always try to leave it for awhile so i dont have to, until it gets too long and annoying
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •