Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Pokemon!

Started by Alyx., January 29, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyx.

Oi! Those of you who want to jump on the pokemon train will be glad to know that the newest pokemon game, Pokemon Platinum, will be coming out tomorrow in the states! (March 22)

The reason I'm on here is because I'm so exicited I can't sleep. ;_;
If you do not agree to my demands... TOO LATE
  •  

Amy85

Quote from: Roll90 on January 31, 2009, 06:53:08 PM
...I guess you just never really grow out of that kind of stuff.

You're right, I picked up leaf green and pearl and started playing them recently. After all these years they are still entertaining  :D
  •  

Saraloop

All-time favorites for me:

Feraligatr
Gardevoir
Weavile
Scizor
Porygon-Z
Arcanine
Umbreon
Espeon
Jolteon
*Shiny* Ninetales
Mesprit
Blaziken
Luxray looks pretty badass

.. and Teddiursa
:)

..Also Pikachu, Squirtle and Charizard, .. and Cubone; they're classic. I like Lucario but I find he's too hyped up.

I'm bored of gaming lately so unfortunately I haven't been playing platinum as much as I expected.
  •  

Princess

i have pearl and diamond version. i haven't gotten very far though
  •  

Mina_Frostfall

I used to play Pokemon A LOT. After Gold\Silver\Crystal is when I stopped. I had a few teams of Pokemon.

I had a team of level 90 Pokemon, including one I got from my brother when we first started playing the original. It was a Pidgey he gave me when it was at level 15 or something. It was called Pidgey II. It's a level 90 Pidgeot now. The team was Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Pigeot, Articuno, and a Raichu.

----------------------------
I might be more accurate that I had one team and an assortment of other Pokemon I used at various points. Heres what I can remember ... (In no particular order)

Kamikaze (Ho-oh)
Raiden (Raikou)
Jormungand (Gyarados)
Leviathan (Gyarados)
Garm (Houndoom)
Surt (Magmar)
Hastur (Hypno)
Chthulhu (Tentcruel)
Molag Bal (Feraligator)
Mehrunes (Machamp)
Ariados (Mephala)
Malacath (Golem)
Sheogorath (Alakazam)

These were basically done as an in joke:
Chatturhga (Charizard)
Xellotath  (Venusaur)
Ulyoath (Blastoise)
((Not sure if I spelled them right))

Also, I always wanted a Missingno so I could name it Azathoth.

There was more but I can't remember them...

I often joked with my brother that I was clearly the most powerful trainer ever since I had enslaved gods fighting for me.  :D
  •  

Princess

who's your favorite gym leader of all them? mine is probably erika. i've always admired her since i was little.
  •  

Walter

I grew up with Pokemon and it will always be a part of me. I love Pokemon to this day ;D I like the first 151 the best
  •  

Amy85

Pokemon Pearl seems to be easier than I remember. I beat the elite 4 challenge the first time through with an average level of 47 or so. Leaf green on the other hand is just as aggravating as I remember, but I want to finish it before I migrate my team to pearl so I can get Mewtwo!

•  

Jester

Platinum is such a sweet game.

My party:
Torterra
Gabite
Golduck
Rapidash
Luxray
Staraptor

They're pretty balanced for a party that's specifically designed to deal damage.
  •  

Yvonne

I prefer the pokemon diamond. they are my pokemon RedFire team. ^.^
  •  

Mister G.

-flail- OH MY LORDY do I LOVE Pokemon. XD;; It was a really huge childhood vice for me, and, well, I guess I never really grew out of it :P My first experience of the games was Pokemon Red or Blue that belonged to my friend - he had a level 99 Mewtwo that he wanted to get to level 100 but... was too lazy :D;; So he basically just gave it to me and said "here, you can borrow this; could you try and level up that Mewtwo while you're at it?"

So I did, and I was hooked.

My favourites tend to jump and hop around quite a bit, but a definitive top 5 for me would have to beeee... (in no particular order - except for Squirtle. He will always be my number one <333)

Squirtle
Pikachu
Dratini (and all subsequent evolutions <3)
Magikarp
Charizard (Because he's just BAD and we all know it)

Bit of a water/dragon fan to be honest. Pikachu's just there because he's fudgin' ADORABLE xP

Claire, I completely agree with you - the original 151 were by far the GREATEST, but Pokemon Gold/Silver hold a very special place in my heart. Everything up to the second generation is, to me, 'proper' Pokemon. As much as I love Ruby/Sapphire/Diamond/Pearl, they're just not the same. Also, it may just be me, but are Pokemon getting uglier and uglier...?

Probopass scares me...
  •  

Jonny

I love pokemon!  ;D  ;D

I have Diamond and Platinum! I haven't decided what I want my team to be yet.

•  

Jessica M

Ok so I do like gold/silver aswell (almost as much) as red/blue/yellow but after that not much and the pokemon were just the laziest creations too .................. I mean what the hell made them think up Spoink? It's a stoner's nightmare fry up scenario ;D (would post pic but don't know how  :P help?)
My top 6 originals:
                         squirtle (best starter pokemon by far)
                         garydos (spelling ???)
                         Butterfree
                         Ninetails
                         Gengar
                         pidgeot

Gold/Silver faves on the way stay tuned poke fan's ;)

Claire xoxo................... To Be Continued
Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia - Alaska Young in "Looking for Alaska" (John Green)

I will find a way, or make one!
  •  

kesenaie

My current party on my Pokemon Diamond is...

Gengar, Alakazam, Staraptor, Tentacruel, Luxray and Rhydon. I wanted to have the evolution of Rhydon but used the item on the wrong Rhydon :( After all the EP training I did on it! Argh. Anyway, my favourite Pokemon are Tentacruel, Alakazam, Gengar, Rhydon, Sandslash and Scyther.
  •  

Alyx.

Attention US Pokemon Platinum owners!

An item to get Shaymin (Oak's Letter) is to be distributed over Nintendo Wifi connection from Sept. 28th through Nov. 8.

http://www.serebii.net/platinum/wifievents.shtml

I enjoy these little mini plots, so I'll be sure to get mine tomorrow. :)
If you do not agree to my demands... TOO LATE
  •  

Inphyy

I was always more of a Yu-Gi-Oh! person but I also did collect Pokémon cards too! =]

•  

Silver

Aw, pokemon. I basically memorized this game. My mind's a library of useless information.

Well let's see. . . they depend on the game in question. These are some favorites.
Espeon
Umbreon
Absol
Blaziken
Jirachi
Skuntank
Flygon
Zangoose
Scyther
Kadabra

Don't understand why Bug is so strong against psychic/dark type in D/P/Pt, someone enlighten me. And ground against poison.

SilverFang

Post Merge: October 08, 2009, 04:54:34 AM

Quote from: Claire on June 19, 2009, 05:26:10 PM
I mean what the hell made them think up Spoink? It's a stoner's nightmare fry up scenario ;D

Yeah but Spoink wasn't too bad once it evolved, you gotta admit. Grumpig was powerful enough.
  •  

Carolyn

Hey guys and girls, I just got my DS replaced, and I am now have in my possession, Pokemon Platinum, and Pokemon Soul Silver, so give me about 2 weeks on each game, and I'll be able to battle with ya all.

It's good to be back 
  •  

Unconditional Acceptance

Pokemon for the win!

I'm on my third or fourth Crystal game now (I like the old school versions better); my current party is as follows:

Quilava
Geodude
Beedril
Spearow
Furret
Rattata

;D ;D ;D
  •  

Silver

Quote from: Heartwood on October 18, 2009, 10:37:53 PM
And ground is strong against poison because the ground absorbs the poison, duh.

I'm not sure about the other two, though. :x

I still don't think that's a good enough reason.

There are way too many legendaries. That doesn't mean I'm not getting my hands on Arceus on Nov. though.
  •