Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Pokemon!

Started by Alyx., January 29, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyx.

Oh, BTW guys, Jirachi event ends today, lol. Sorry about not giving the heads up.

But Heartgold and Soulsilver are out tommorow! :D
If you do not agree to my demands... TOO LATE
  •  

brainiac

I shunned the post-151 for years and years, but then my boyfriend got me Pokemon Platinum, and, well... went right back to that inner child. I managed to beat the Elite Four with only my stupid Luxray named Sparky barely standing at the end. I found Ruby for $10 and have been playing it whenever I'm traveling.

I have a really clunky original DS, and I swear, every single time a little kid sees me playing, they whip out their shiny, pretty DS Lite and look at me smugly. Fine, they can lord that over the 21-year-old on the metro playing a children's game, but I can drive a car, vote and drink! Beat THAT, eight year old!

(I'm not jealous. Really.)
  •  

rexgsd

haha, dont worry brainiac. i'm sure theyll be laughing at me next time with my original gameboy (the really clunky green and black color screen one XD) playing missile command instead of you. "hey you! yeah, you with the antique. whats with the electronic brick? its 2010 you know!" then at that point i stick out my tongue and resume playing :p
☥fiat justitia ruat coelum☥

"Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls. Its a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world." - The Kinks

•  

Fenrir

Aw man, pokemon is awesome.  ;D
I only really know the first 251, though, because when I was little I couldn't afford a gameboy advance... grr, stupid progression of technology! However, I still reckon the music in the original ones was so much better! My favourite was the Lavender Town music on Red, Blue and Yellow.  :D
  •  

YellowDaisy

Quote from: Heartwood on March 13, 2010, 10:53:56 PM
Oh, BTW guys, Jirachi event ends today, lol. Sorry about not giving the heads up.

But Heartgold and Soulsilver are out tommorow! :D
i have heartgold, and i've been playing it a couple days. it's like a modernized version of the originals with some new twists to the story. my old crystal version is all screwed up anyway, because when i try to load a saved game there is an error message that says the data has been corrupted. weird.
  •  

mr_marc

Lol aw crap, ive gotta try and remember mine.

From when i last played ive got :

Charazard
Nidoking
Dewgong
Pidgeot
Raticate
Larvitar

Fire ftw.
  •  

Silver

Quote from: Fenrir on March 17, 2010, 02:05:29 AM
However, I still reckon the music in the original ones was so much better!

Agreed.
  •  

pebbles

Hehe Me and a house-mate occasionally play the latest ones on the DS Our battles are usually a point of intrest in the house because of our different playstyles and lack of anything else to do.

He had a level 100 Empolion, And he occasionally threw out a high level tyanitar.

instead of pursuing the 1 level 100 route I went with the option of training up many level 75+ pokemon of varied types I liked but not got any level 100's Eventually it became obvious I could prepair for so many other outcomes while he was limited tactically despite having me outgunned.

I have
Infernape (Blitzer)
Gardevoir  (Barrier warrior + Sleep)
Jolteon  (Blitzer + Paralyse)
Gyarados (Skirmisher)
Dragonite (Skirmisher)
Blissey (Tank+Healer)

Other pokemon I have at highish level but don't use anymore for various reasons.
Golem
Luxray
Wobbafett
Metagross
  •  

mr_marc

I only played up to ruby, i dont have a DS D:
  •  

YellowDaisy

i do agree that the music was cooler in the older ones. the music in the leafgreen, firered, heartgold, and soulsilver are remixed. i like the music of old video games better, especially by sega.
  •  

VIRU5

Hah, I looooove Pokemon!
I love Pokemon so much, I'm actually holding a huge event for a bunch of people to just play Pokemon. XD I'm such a dork I'm even getting a few Pokemon tattoos soon.

Bulbasaur is the best pokemon, btw. =]
  •  

Fenrir

Finally got Heart Gold, woooo! (Was waiting for my exams to finish so I didn't fail  :D)
I've clocked up, like, 10 hours of playing time in the past 3 days. Very happy!  8)
  •  

VIRU5

It's sad, I have 70+ hours, and I /just/ got my first 8 badges. I still have 8 more to go. T_T But that's because I'm more concerned with completing my pokedex by trading/breeding/evolving than beating it, atm, so I'm waaay far behind. XD
  •  

Waffles

I like Pokemon ^^ I've only managed to finish Blue, Gold and Ruby. I've got HeartGold, but I haven't played it in a while (still up to the 2nd or 3rd gym lol...=_=). I love the pokewalker, makes it so much easier to catch different pokemon :)
  •  

Vin

At the moment I'm playing Pearl. I bought it the other day and I've found myself addicted to it again. Oops? I still don't know all that many past the first 150 though. I miss those days. I used to play Gol on my Game Boy and GBA, until I sold it. Woe.

•  

Silver

Quote from: Waffles on June 12, 2010, 05:25:53 AM
I love the pokewalker, makes it so much easier to catch different pokemon :)

Lol yeah, I spent so long trying to get a flying Pikachu. I succeeded though.
  •  

Yakshini

I collected the cards and played the older games. Fell out of the games after Ruby/Sapphire. I couldn't stand the new generations (and didn't have money to get the systems required for playing the new games D:).
Favourite pokemon:
-Haunter
-Psyduck
- Vulpix

My computer's current background is of a Haunter. :p
  •  

shamu

A group of 6 magikarps can really surprise you.
  •