Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Why do you come to Susans.Org?

Started by elleane, August 14, 2006, 05:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why do you come to Susans.Org? (Main reason)

To talk with like-minded individuals
Education and information
A meeting of minds
To provide information
Portal to the TG WWW
Other

grazia

I am here searching for a place 'to talk with like-minded individuals'. I have found much much more I was expecting.
  •  

Rana

A meeting of minds sounds good :)
It is sort of strange, I keep returning to here, because I seem to gain somthing from the experience.  I am drawn to the posts of people here, like everywhere its a whole spectrum of all sorts of stuff.
However, I don't think I am imagining this, people here seem to be that bit better informed, empathetic, introspective, intelligent than those in other places. Genuinely nicer people & I enjoy and am improved by their presence.
I only hope I contribute somewhat, that I also have a positive effect on others here.

Rana
  •  

Mario

I picked to talk with like-minded individuals.

Where else are we going to find such people, so quickly? The friendships that have been made right here because of who we are, and the overwhelming support found here from people we have never met face to face is amazing. I never would of believed it if I had not seen it myself.

Marco
  •  

Victoria L.

I actually came here for a combination of all of those... It's quite hard to find anyone intelligent to talk to these days. :-\ This is one of those forums though, that makes ME feel stupid. I need that sometimes. ;D

Usually I come here when I'm down though... I know this is like one of the only places that will ever accept me and comfort me.
  •  

Cindi Jones

Quote from: Victoria on September 24, 2006, 11:29:42 PM
I actually came here for a combination of all of those... It's quite hard to find anyone intelligent to talk to these days. :-\ This is one of those forums though, that makes ME feel stupid. I need that sometimes. ;D

Usually I come here when I'm down though... I know this is like one of the only places that will ever accept me and comfort me.

;)

I enjoy stimulating conversation with intelligent people.  That's what is keeping me here. There is a treasure box filled with brilliant minds.  No one is pretentious.  Everyone is willing to share.  And finally, there are so many interesting stories to be shared.  I love every one of them.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

veronica06

Question: Why do you come to Susans.Org? (Main reason) To talk with like-minded individuals  22 (41.5%)
Education and information  10 (18.9%)
A meeting of minds  6 (11.3%)
To provide information  7 (13.2%)
Portal to the TG WWW  1 (1.9%)
Other

==============
I marked other........as in........all of the above.
  •  

Owen

I choose education and information. I came here looking primarly for info and hopefully to be more deucated but I also was looking for support and to talk with like mined folks.

Owen

Exploring my feminine self
  •  

Shana A

I entered to talk with like-minded individuals, but really all of the above are why I'm here. Glad to have found Susan's place, it's a wonderful resource and I'm really enjoying getting to know folks.

zythyra
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Kisa

I guess to find people to talk to! But I'm really to say much.
  •  

Ricki

I came here after going it alone for quite a while and was lonely and in need of help and edcuation ongoing, and support, and to talk, and hear other peoples stories, and hi's and low's and share me and what i am.. And...I have not regretted the first day i signed up and posted!
thanks to all of my newest friends!
Ricki
  •  

Cindi Jones

Ricki,

You have been a shining light to be sure.  You've got a fresh attitude and are hopelessly happy in your posts.  We really need that!  (That doesn't mean that you can't post when your down now...)  I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy having you around kiddo.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Rei Ayanami

I come here for several Reasons

1. It's a place I can express my inner self without ridicule

2. Everyone here is super uber nice  ::)

3. It helps me grow as an individual.

As I had just posted in another threat I had been depressed all though High school (and prior to that actually). The "written" word is my outlet for me perhaps as time progresses I will post some of my "diary/journal" entries from my days in school  :o

Rei
  •  

Stormy Weather

The like-minded thing... unlike some other forums, there seems to be a good number of post-op individuals here who seem to have no problem identifying themselves as transexuals instead of being transgender; a distinction that has meaning to me.
  •  

Julie Marie

I had convinced myself that the extent of my transgender personality stopped at crossdressing.  Deep down I knew it didn't but I wasn't ready for the fallout I knew I'd experience if I admitted who I really am.  I frequented CD forums and gained a lot of friends.  I was content.  But Pandora's box opened one day and that was it.  I had to admit I was transsexual because I no longer had any desire to live. 

The CD forum had a section for TG/TS and I posted there often.  But there was really no one there who could relate to me (they were probably all here!) so I went searching.  I had been a member of Susan's as well as a few other forums about a year or more ago but for some reason didn't post often and eventually I forgot about them.  Denial is SO powerful!  When I went out hunting for someplace to find people who really understood me I remembered Susan's and the other places.  I even found a few others.  I signed on to three of them and participated in all pretty evenly.  Then little by little I found Susan's seemed to fit me the best.  I feel at home here.

I still visit the CD forum and still keep in touch with some of the members.  A few of us go back several years and I don't want to lose that connection.  But when I just want to sit back and relax with like minded friends, you'll find me here.

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Christina_Lee

Quote from: Julie Marie on November 18, 2006, 08:45:03 AM
I had convinced myself that the extent of my transgender personality stopped at crossdressing.  Deep down I knew it didn't but I wasn't ready for the fallout I knew I'd experience if I admitted who I really am.  I frequented CD forums and gained a lot of friends.  I was content.  But Pandora's box opened one day and that was it.  I had to admit I was transsexual because I no longer had any desire to live. 
Julie

I know exactly how you feel there. I considered myself a CD up to about the age of 42, then I started to question even that. There was more to me hidden deep inside and I had finally come to realize just what it was with the help of my 15 year old daughter (as she was back then).

I came to realize that I was a TS, in "fantasy mode" -- the ever popular wish/hope that SOMEDAY SOMEHOW I would just wake up one morning in the correct form.

Now after just over 2 years of transitioning, I have come to realize that there is a HECK of a LOT to learn just prior to going Fulltime successfully.

To those still considering Fulltime, do it at your leisure. There is no hurry and when one hurries into something it CAN be dangerous! (I found this out the hard way).

STILL, I have no regrets. I was merely too stubborn to listen to those who had warned me about going FT before I was ready for it.

Anyways.... I suppose that I just got rambling there....

:)

_-=>Christina Lee Foxxe<=-_

•  

Ricki

All of the above plus some!
I had originally come out of the shadows after not going into any gender sites for a few years to resurface some and also for support and help.. I was coming into a rough time and saw the early warning signs and wanted to network some especially with a "gender" slower time of the year approaching for me...
And so far everything has fullfilled me as much as i could of anticpated or hoped for-and even more so in a lot of ways--- :'(!
Thanks to all of you!
ricki
  •  

Sharon S L

I choose education and information as I like learning about things, but if I find a topic I can provide information about or just to put my 2 cents worth in, I will as it is good to share info
  •  

BeverlyAnn

When I first came to Susan's back in 1997 or 98, it was to find information.  I had discovered this thing called the internet and found out that I wasn't alone; that there were a LOT of TG people around.  I was here for several years and then, due to retirement from a job of 34 years, new job, some personal issues, etc. I just dropped out.  But now that I'm the primary care giver to an elderly parent, I find I have the time and the inclination to come back.

As to why I came back, I think all the reasons apply although I checked to talk to like minded people.  But mainly I just plain missed all ya'll.

Bev
  •  

Ricki

Awww bev how sweet and you have never even tried my cooking yet!
Ricki
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Ricki on February 24, 2007, 07:03:07 PM
Awww bev how sweet and you have never even tried my cooking yet!
Ricki
Maybe you can change that at the next Susan's Fest. ;)

Melissa
  •