Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Atheism

Started by PolskaPanda, March 01, 2009, 01:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigma Prime

The idea that atheists claim to have special knowledge that God doesn't exist was invented by arrogant theists whom I would sooner punch in the eye than accept their definitions. I am not very inclined to punch them in the eye, either, so taking them seriously comes in dead-last on the long-list of "things that I am likely to do." They do this, so they can make the argument that, "if you can neither prove nor disprove God, then why not hold the belief that would be more favorable to your interests?" The argument is based on a false dichotomy that they have posited with mendacious, dishonorable intentions. It is hinged on an intentional distortion of what people mean when they refer to themselves as atheists.

The only justification I need for calling myself an atheist is that I think it's really stupid to go around believing that you are an immortal ghost that is forced to live inside of the head of a hairless chimp. I have better morals than to personally ridicule a person for having far-fetched beliefs, but the belief is still dumb. This is what practically every atheist on the planet means when he or she self-identifies as an "atheist." If you can think of a better term for it, do feel free to supply one, and I will call myself by that.
  •