Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

LEEKS! omg they're yummy

Started by Annwyn, May 09, 2009, 08:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annwyn

I've never had leeks!

I keep reading about them in anime and manga, but never have had any.

So I did a steamed leek thingy tonight w/ olive oil/mustard sauce over rice.

It's YUMMY!!!

Also really healthy!
  •  

Osiris

Leeks are packed with flavor. :)
अगणित रूप अनुप अपारा | निर्गुण सांगुन स्वरप तुम्हारा || नहिं कछु भेद वेद अस भासत | भक्तन से नहिं अन्तर रखत
  •  

Vexing

My boyfriend and I are leek fans; we have them fairly regularly in all sorts of dishes - and we adore leek and potato soup :D
  •  

Janet_Girl

Leeks, spinach and bacon are great together.  Cook the bacon crisp, drain.  Cook leeks in fat till tender.  Mix with spinach and crumble bacon over top.  Great with a vinaigrette.
  •  

Annwyn

Bacon is a nogo.

Thinly sliced and grilled tofu will work just as well, I'm certain.

I'm definitely a fan of leeks again:D
  •  

Janet_Girl

Tofu is great in just about anything.

Janet
  •  

Cindy

I love this receipe

Chop the leek thinly and cook in boiling water for about 5 mins. Drain and wash in cold water. Take swiss brown musrooms, remove the stalk. Put the leeks, stalk, garlic cloves (to taste) pepper to taste and blend. Mix with a blue vein cheese, I use Stilton but depends what's available. You want to create a rich cheese and vegie mixture (50/50) texture. Place the mix liberally into the mushroom cups. Put under a hot grill until it bubbles. Enjoy

Makes a great starter to a dinner party

Cindy
  •  

Dennis

Stilton and leek soup or quiche is awesome too.

Dennis
  •  

Cindy

Yes there is something about leeks and a sharp chees that really works together.
Dennis do you have your quiche receipe?

BTW I made an ice cold tomato soup with stilton slices floating on it that was to die for.

Mmmm and it's Dinner time

Cindy
  •  

Pica Pica

i felt i had to lend my support to anyone that was supporting leeks. steamed with shallots with some grilled salmon and new potatoes for me.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •