Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

*shrug* okay..

Started by Miniar, May 21, 2009, 06:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riotgrrl101

I think most people are alot more laid back about this kinda thing then one would expect. I came out as bisexual a while ago and most people's reactions were "Issit".
  •  

Tammy Hope

Quote from: Miniar on May 22, 2009, 02:49:06 PM
Heh, yep.
"I'm not surprised" is half of what I get told in response to coming out. The other half being of course "what about your husband?"

Yeah, that's sort of what I expect ("wife" in place of "husband" of course)

and it's the one question I least have an answer for.
Disclaimer: due to serious injury, most of my posts are made via Dragon Dictation which sometimes butchers grammar and mis-hears my words. I'm also too lazy to closely proof-read which means some of my comments will seem strange.

http://eachvoicepub.com/PaintedPonies.php
  •  

Melissa Ryan

Quote from: Sandy on June 15, 2009, 03:02:11 PM

How come everyone knew, accept me?

Well I thought you were to scared to get your ears pierced back then, so I didnt see it either.  :D
  •  

Sandy

Quote from: Melissa Ryan on June 16, 2009, 02:41:53 AM
Well I thought you were to scared to get your ears pierced back then, so I didnt see it either.  :D
I was so in denial that I avoided anything that might have given my secret away.  Then things started to burst out.  Ear piercing, purse carrying, sitting to urinate.  All the coping skills stopped working.  It was never enough.

There comes a time when the caterpillar realizes that it must start the journey to become a butterfly.  The change comes upon it and cannot be stopped.  The caterpillar realizes that it's life, as it has known it, is over.

Sorry.  I didn't mean to hijack.  I just have chatter fingers today...

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Jamie-o

Quote from: Sandy on June 16, 2009, 07:53:37 AM
Sorry.  I didn't mean to hijack.  I just have chatter fingers today...

Chatter fingers.  :D  I like that.  I may have to steal that phrase.
  •  

Lacey Lynne

Miniar:

How true it is that our worries about a situation are much worse than the situation itself.  See?  Everybody was pretty cool with it.  Like the other people said here, you'll sometimes get "the gay comment."  So what if that happens, really?

Also, be glad you're of a younger generation.  Tolerance is much greater, in some ways, now than it was a few decades or so ago.  The Coming-out Issue is a sift-and-sort mechanism:  You'll know who your friends really are and who the cooler people really are.  Good luck to you, Miniar.  You deserve it.  Hugs.
Believe.  Persist.  Arrive.    :D

Julie Vu (Princess Joules) Rocks!  "Hi, Sunshine Sparkle Faces!" she says!
  •