Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I Just Got a New Kitten!

Started by Jamie-o, May 29, 2009, 09:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarySue

Quote from: Jamie-o on May 30, 2009, 10:31:47 PM
And yes, she was up biting my toes half the night.  I tried to reason with her.  I said, "Did I bite your toes while you were trying to sleep?"  Didn't make any difference.   But I've managed to find some toys that she likes, so hopefully she'll start playing with those instead.  Yeah right.  ::)

Sounds like she was chasing "bed mice." Bed mice are invisible. They can only be detected when they make lumps under the sheets.

Bed mice are not to be confused with "bag mice." Bag mice are visible, but they're the same tan color as paper grocery bags, so they're very hard to spot in their native habitant. Although with the way supermarkets push plastic, bag mice are becoming an endangered species.

Quote from: Jamie-o on May 30, 2009, 10:31:47 PM
I'm looking for a second kitty to keep her company while I'm at work.

I have a tee shirt that says, "Cats are like potato chips. You can't have just one."

Post Merge: May 30, 2009, 10:33:18 PM

Quote from: Kristi on May 30, 2009, 09:13:43 PM
Oh now, I have three kitties (sometimes four) and I named them all after people I like.  It is a great honor, especially when it is a beautiful one like this little devil.

A friend of mine does the same thing.

Then she realized she had more cats than she could handle, and she gave one to the person for whom the cat was named. I was told that having a pet with the same name as the owner caused several "Who's on first?" moments in the vet's office.
  •  

JakeGrimm

She's so cute ^.^ Love the pic of her all dusty, lol. Hope you're havin fun with her! And good luck on the second kitty search <3
  •  

riotgrrl101

Prehaps name her Springfield? as in Dusty Springfield?
  •  

Windrider

Aww, she's cute! I think pets name themselves. I usually call them by a variety of names. They will come to one. That's how Bailey got her name. She actually came over when I called her that :P

Have fun with the new kitty!

WR
  •  

Audrey

i just got my kitten yesterday morning lol.  more of a pussy actually.  wwow sorry im weird
  •  

Michelle.

Audrey is one day post-op and already acting "frisky."
  •  

fae_reborn

Jamie, she's sooo cute!!  I want a kitty!  ;D
  •  

MarySue

Then go to a shelter and adopt one, Fae! Or better yet, adopt two.

Lord knows shelters have thousands of nice kitties that are dying to have a good home.

Literally.

*Sigh*
  •  

Jamie-o

I'm leaning toward naming her Pywacket.  I'm probably going to be getting this other kitty (see picture below), if the current owner and I can find a time when we are both free.  This one is a little older - about a year old - but she should still be young enough to be open to making friends with, and playing with another kitten.  And on the plus side, she's already been fixed.

•  

fae_reborn

I wish I could MarySue.  Unfortunately my current living situation dictates otherwise.  Besides, if I got a kitten now, I think my other cat Simba would get very jealous.  She's 15 and is really needy, haha  :D
  •