Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Another blast from my past.

Started by Hazumu, September 10, 2006, 11:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazumu

This isn't so much about coming out, per se, but I thought it fit here best...

Last night at the SGA meeting, I saw Diane (not her real name,) who's working on her graduate thesis doing a psychological inventory of members of the TG/TS community in the Northern California area.  I'd filled out one of the questionnaires at a previous meeting, and wanted to talk to her about one of the responses I gave.

Later, we ran into each other (and other members of SGA,) at the Mercantile Saloon across the street.  Several of us were trading gossip, comparing HRT regimines, discussing fashion -- y'know, girl-talk.  Somehow I mentioned my military past.  Diane lit up when I mentioned my former unit.  "Oh My God!!  I was the _________ commander there for four years!  Then I worked at________!--"

We knew so many people in common!  We spent a few minutes just playing 'small world'.  What a rush!

In a few days, she's going to the headquarters to get some paperwork changed (something I look forward to doing myself one day!)  She says she'll spend a little time dropping in on people she knows -- more than a few she's not out to yet, and many of those I also know.  I'd LOVE to see the expressions on those faces  >:D >:D >:D

Small world, indeed!  ;D ;D ;D

Karen
  •