Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Fav Anime of all time

Started by phantom_heart, July 29, 2009, 11:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

oh yeah, i forgot about my hero academia. I didn't realize star driver was them, im so out of the loop. And talking about Bones I just remembered the terrible Eureka Seven sequel and got depressed. Maybe I'm not just old and the earlier stuff really is better. ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Artesia

I just bought the first season of Babylon 5 on DVD at Barnes and Noble Bookseller.  They had all of them there.  I hope they're still there when I can afford the next season.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Artesia on January 10, 2018, 03:51:51 PM
I just bought the first season of Babylon 5 on DVD at Barnes and Noble Bookseller.  They had all of them there.  I hope they're still there when I can afford the next season.

I still say it's the best sci-fi series ever put on TV. The CG was amazing at the time (and was the very first series to ever
use it), but it looks more than a little dated now. Now watching it I keep looking at Delenn's outfits & thinking how pretty they are.   :D
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Roll

Ever better than Blue Australians and Muppets in Space?
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Artesia

Quote from: Sarah_P on January 10, 2018, 10:02:34 PM
I still say it's the best sci-fi series ever put on TV. The CG was amazing at the time (and was the very first series to ever
use it), but it looks more than a little dated now. Now watching it I keep looking at Delenn's outfits & thinking how pretty they are.   :D

I always liked Delenn's outfits.  Susan Ivanova's where cute too...when they showed her out of uniform.  She was one of my top favorite characters.  Ahead of Girabaldi, Delenn, and G'kar, but just under Kosh.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Christy Lee

Quote from: Sarah_P on January 10, 2018, 10:02:34 PM

I lo
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Artesia on January 11, 2018, 12:17:43 AM
I always liked Delenn's outfits.  Susan Ivanova's where cute too...when they showed her out of uniform.  She was one of my top favorite characters.  Ahead of Girabaldi, Delenn, and G'kar, but just under Kosh.

I agree about Ivanova, I was really sad when she left after season 4. G'kar was always my favorite character - I love when a 'villain' becomes a hero. Plus Andreas Katsulas was an amazing actor! Kosh was awesome, too. Heck, everyone in that show was pretty cool, even ones you love to hate, like Bester (played by Walter Koenig for those who haven't seen it).

Quote from: Roll on January 10, 2018, 10:03:07 PM
Ever better than Blue Australians and Muppets in Space?

I've never heard of Blue Australians?

But yeah, Straczynski had the entire story planed out from the beginning (same guy who wrote / created Sense 8 along with the Wachowskis), and ended up writing every single episode (after season 1) himself.
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Roll

"Blue Australians and Muppets in Space" is what I call Farscape. Because that's what it is. ;D Seriously, every alien is a shade of blue and they just sort of hang out with muppets (it was produced the Jim Henson company, so they 100% are muppets). And since it was filmed in Australia, most of the actors are Australian, particularly the extras. Hence, Blue Australians and Muppets in Space! :D
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

PollyQMcLovely

•  

TaiseiReborn

Mine will always and forever be Cowboy Bebop
  •  

Roll

~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Christy Lee

Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

TaiseiReborn

Quote from: Roll on January 27, 2018, 02:40:35 PM

Quote from: Christy Lee on January 27, 2018, 06:52:47 PM
See you space cowboy

These two were definitely my favorite songs but I adored the entire OST albums. Not to mention Outlaw star's outro was quite lovely just as a side note.
  •  

AliceF

Defenetly ghost in the shell.

Also Serial Experiments Lain
  •  

TicTac

•  

Roll

I never did finish Ergo Proxy, really loved it though. Was watching it when it first aired and there was something weird like a delay in the airing of the second half that made me not come back to it. I should go do that.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Roll on March 30, 2018, 09:46:36 AM
I never did finish Ergo Proxy, really loved it though. Was watching it when it first aired and there was something weird like a delay in the airing of the second half that made me not come back to it. I should go do that.

Yeah the show is awesome imo. You should totally finish it!  :)
  •  

Coffeedrew

•  

Eryn T

I know there's better anime out there, but my favorite has to be Code Geass (S1 & S2)

Anime have a terrible history of awful endings, and Code Geass have every potential to be awful and while alot is unanswered, unresolved, I felt like I could love that universe and still let go of it with how it ended. The show was so clever, devious, full of drama and comedy, I mean it has it all! (as long as you get past the art style)

I really identified with Lelouch, and I think that largely has to do with me being transgender. Hiding your true self or blind to it, putting on a facade for others. I just love anime that get all deep and philosophical and preachy when it works. And it certainly does for me with Code Geass. Fantastic Show!

Lemme double-down and like I was so similar to Lelouch. What I showed to everyone was an apparently intelligent, cold, calculated individual, but inside I just wanted to reach others and help them. No, I wasn't exiled and left for dead by my father, so his motivations certainly differed from mine- but we both sought the same happy ending. And we were both willing to crush friend or foe to achieve what we thought was best for the world. And both have encountered situations where we caused love ones to be hurt, and felt the need to pretend we didn't care; and both were faced with the realization that all we've hoped to accomplish could be invalidated because of the people we've ignored and the choices we've made.

In short, Lelouch and I were both terrible, misguided people who truly wanted the best for everyone. And were willing to sacrifice all in order to achieve it, including our own happiness.

I need to watch it again... that and some of the others posted in this thread(I never did finish Claymore >.<)

Song still gives me goosebumps when it starts:
Looking to make and keep friends! Spreading the love, now that I can truly love myself!

Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,237152.msg2131598.html#msg2131598

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd5cx6Iok3BQYrGwdYbVqWA

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_TransGaming_
  •