Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

"Our Opposition" - Stand For Marriage

Started by Julie Marie, August 02, 2009, 01:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie Marie

This is the Stand For Marriage website and they list their "opposition" .  The ACLU is listed as one because, among other reasons, they support "TRANSGENDER – The ACLU works to include gender identity in nondiscrimination laws, raises awareness of the types of harms that transgender people face, and brings impact lawsuits to change biased laws against transgender people in employment, schools, and public accommodations."   How awful!  Imagine forcing employers to stop discriminating against trans people! 

But if you really want a chuckle, click on the Marriage IQ and the Myths & Facts.  Talk about propaganda!

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

finewine

I'd laugh if this kind of stupidity didn't angry up my blood so much.
  •  

Renate

The ACLU of Massachusetts was recently doing their part in support of Massachusetts House Bill 1728:
"An Act Relative to Gender Based Discrimination and Hate Crime"
which basically inserts "gender identity or expression" between the words "sex" and "sexual orientation"
in all existing non-discrimination and hate-crime legislation on the books.
  •  

tekla

Billionaire Tim Gill – ranks as the 5th most powerful homosexual in the United States
Who exactly is ranking powerful homosexuals and how do they do it?  Being a billionaire only gets you to number five?  Who are 1-4?

Just three years ago the Democratic Party was in disarray. Despite record high-dollar donations from affluent supporters, Democrats had failed to reclaim the White House and Congress. Shell-shocked by their defeat, George Soros and other wealthy liberals formed a loose-knit group to consider how to fund a political comeback.
And they did it.  And we hate them now more for winning than we did before - which was a lot - for losing.

But I really love this...
The goal is not merely to elect Democrats this November, but to permanently realign U.S. politics.
And what exactly were the Republican's trying to do other than elect Republicans?  And what with that 'morning in America' New World Order, Contract On With America, and the permanent terror security state of Bush were they trying to do, other than permanently realign U.S. politics.

And hey, I got one right on the marriage quiz.  I usually do better on tests.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Julie Marie

Quote from: tekla on August 02, 2009, 10:48:45 AM

Billionaire Tim Gill – ranks as the 5th most powerful homosexual in the United States
Who exactly is ranking powerful homosexuals and how do they do it?  Being a billionaire only gets you to number five?  Who are 1-4?

Yeah, that's what struck me the first time I read it.  You mean there are lots of billionaire homosexuals?

And sorry to hear about how you did on the test.  Maybe if you study harder, next time you'll do better.  I aced it, I got a zero!  :D

When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

tekla

Oh I passed the question on forcing churches to perform marriages.  My belief is that I'm not going to tell churches what to do, and in return, I expect them to do the same for me. Quid Pro Quo.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

LordKAT

According to that poll, you can be counseled out of being gay. Since when?
  •  

Sandy

What a crock...

Yeeesh!  I have to clean my computer now!

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •