Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you watching??

Started by Laura91, September 17, 2009, 11:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lizbeth

Quote from: Jen on February 10, 2010, 12:22:06 AM
love it! ;D

I finally finished up that episode, now I can't wait for next week!
  •  

placeholdername

Just starting Season 1 of Skins (apparently it's on season 4 now), it's a UK show.  Found out about it on Jezebel.com.  Watched 2 episodes so far and it's easily one of the most amazing TV series I've ever seen.  However, not recommended for those uncomfortable with nudity :P.
  •  

brittanyfear

I'm getting really into Caprica. It's a prequel to Battlestar Galactica, for the sci-fi people on here. I've been re-watching that too. Katee Sackhoff is total eye candy.
السلام عليكم
  •  

Hannah

Ha, I remember Battlestar. My ex boyfriend was really into it at first and he kind of made me watch it with him. He lost interest after a while but I was enthralled. It was truly a gripping drama, and I actually screamed out loud when Michelle Forbes was killed, though I feel kind of unsatisfied with the abrupt ending.

It was a good story to be sure but the musical score is fantastic too, you could probably set Edward James Olmos washing dishes to that score and have it be riveting.

Only $8000 now. I want one for my porch!
  •  

lizbeth

Winter Olympics! looking forward to the opening ceremonies!

•  

lizbeth

USA versus Germany Women's Curling

•  

Miniar

10th Kingdom.... almost done actually. Several hours of fantasy.
I Looooove the Wolf!
Wolf's like me. That is, if I said everything I thought...

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

BunnyBee

Ack!  The Winter Olympics are stealing my Chuck from me!!! >:(
  •  

lizbeth

Jen! I know! it's been horrible*! I need my CHUCK!!!!

*although I"m enjoying the olympics too   ;D
  •  

Kendall

Quote from: brittanyfear on February 12, 2010, 02:58:01 PM
I'm getting really into Caprica. It's a prequel to Battlestar Galactica, for the sci-fi people on here. I've been re-watching that too. Katee Sackhoff is total eye candy.

Me too. We watch it every friday at my house.
  •  

lizbeth

I'm on the fence with Caprica. it has an interesting premise but I just never seem to see eye to eye with Ronald Moore's "vision" and the direction he takes a story. I'm watching every episode but I'm still trying to sort out the real underlying plot from the first story arc. next week looks interesting, so I'll reserve judgment until then. I just hope it doesn't turn out like BSG (which I LOVED at first and then DESPISED after season 1).
  •  

BunnyBee

I've watched Caprica, and I think I'm liking it.  Obviously it's not won me over yet.

I really loved BSG for the first couple seasons, then I cooled on it a bit.  I didn't really get frustrated with it till the last show, which made me retroactively frustrated with the whole damn series.
  •  

BunnyBee

Okay so Caprica has me, it's official.  Very much liking it now.

Btw, cute little girl trapped inside a giant robot, I can totally relate.
  •  

Janet_Girl

Zoe is up to something and so is Sister Clarice.  I am interested in who is behind the curtain, that Sister Clarice was talking to.
  •  

Cindy

I must be the only one (as usual :laugh:) who doesn't like series. I like to watch TV every now and again, but often I end up watching an episode of something and I have no idea of the bgd.

I don't know what it is like in the USA but 'reality' cooking programs are just so frequent here, there must not be a chef left to actually work ::)

I must be getting a grumpy old woman. If anyone disagrees I will send hugs and kissess. If anyone agrees I will climb into this computer and tie a knot in your favourite knickers :laugh: :laugh:

Cindy
  •  

rexgsd

☥fiat justitia ruat coelum☥

"Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls. Its a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world." - The Kinks

•  

Cindy

Quote from: Laura91 on March 22, 2010, 07:05:50 PM
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

A great movie 'If you gonna talk, talk, If you gonna shoot, shoot"  (or was it the other way around? I heard it was improvised ;D

This week I watched Godfather 1,2 & 3 in sequence. Very good as well.

Cindy
  •  

Giselle Marie

Just finished watching the whole of Chuck series 2, just waiting for series 3 to arrive over here now....hopefully very soon

•  

tekla

I don't know what it is like in the USA but 'reality' cooking programs are just so frequent here, there must not be a chef left to actually work

Good god, they have an entire 'food network' here on cable.  At work the boys seem to love a show called Dinners, Drive-Ins and Dives hosted by our local boy, Guy Fieri (who runs two restaurants here called Johnny Garlic's, and Tex Wasabie's, which is a combination of tex-mex and Japanese cooking). There are also a bunch of shows based on the Iron Chef deal, a cooking competition thing.

....wanted in fourteen counties of this state, the condemned is found guilty of crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices; the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, perjury, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money and contrary to the laws of this state the condemned is guilty of using marked cards and loaded dice. Therefore, according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused before us, Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez and any other aliases he might have, to hang by the neck until dead....may god have mercy on his soul....proceed.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

rexgsd

Breakfast On Pluto

I loove this movie! Cillian is so beautiful and wonderful, and it's such an inspiration to me!
☥fiat justitia ruat coelum☥

"Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls. Its a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world." - The Kinks

•