Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Baking isn't all about weights & measurements.

Started by Bellaon7, November 13, 2009, 12:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bellaon7

There's a learning curve for sure, & there may be a lot of falling down. But it is not a mystery that only special gurls can do. You can actually be flat out negligent & still make magic.Gurls, you don't need a big kitcken, a fancy oven, or some kind of special God given talent to make magic in the kitchen!  I know this is a forum for nutrition first & foremost, but I would hope that it could serve as a place for us girls to help each other out. The way to a Man's heart is through his stomach(ok, it's not the only way, but this can go a very long way). Wouldn't it be nice to have a place to go to learn how to make a 2min frosting that spanks a 45min round trip to a grocery store?  Sufleis' are easier than you woud think & you can all do it.
  •  

Renate

Baking bread has been around since prehistoric days.
Back then, they didn't have KitchenAids or temperature controlled ovens.
It's not rocket science.

The only thing you need to pay attention to is not to go to the next step until the dough has risen.
Depending on liquid, salt, temperature and yeast, this could be a rise time of between 30 minutes or 3 days.

I have never actually tried a soufflé, but I'm not scared of it.
  •  

aubrey

My last BF was a chef so I couldn't really impress him, he loved going to restaraunts and gloating that he could make whatever-it-was better.

Who eats souffle? Gawsh :)
  •  

Bellaon7

I will second that! poo, poo food snobs, & the last thing a gurl wants to hear about on a date is how "i can make any of this so much more better". Ty gurl! you "get it"!
  •  

Miniar

I got up at 1am to make an omelette, came back into the livingroom 30 minutes later with a chocolate and coconut cake...

No recipy, no plan, hardly any conscious thought what so ever..

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Bellaon7

Quote from: Miniar on November 14, 2009, 06:34:27 AM
I got up at 1am to make an omelette, came back into the livingroom 30 minutes later with a chocolate and coconut cake...

No recipy, no plan, hardly any conscious thought what so ever..
Typical guy, eats anything. 
  •  

Miniar

Quote from: Bellaon7 on November 14, 2009, 10:17:57 PM
Typical guy, eats anything.

Hey! I resent that!
It was Good Cake!

(though, actually, I would eat "anything" at least once... had chocolate sauce on a hotdog once, was brilliant.)

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Bellaon7

Quote from: Miniar on November 15, 2009, 05:25:29 AM
Hey! I resent that!
It was Good Cake!

(though, actually, I would eat "anything" at least once... had chocolate sauce on a hotdog once, was brilliant.)
Oh, now I want a chocolate hotdog!
  •  

aubrey

I wonder if they still have those cheese filled hotdogs? They should do the same with chocolate, all the kids would go crazy.
  •  

Bellaon7

Quote from: mija on November 16, 2009, 12:54:19 AM
I wonder if they still have those cheese filled hotdogs? They should do the same with chocolate, all the kids would go crazy.
Chocolate hotdogs filled with vanilla cream!!!
  •  

Miniar

Quote from: Bellaon7 on November 16, 2009, 03:27:38 PM
Chocolate hotdogs filled with vanilla cream!!!

How about, a french bun, long enough to cover the whole hotdog.
Instead of "sauce" one uses vanilla cream.
And then we dip the whole thing in dark chocolate!

•  

Bellaon7

Who's got that much dark chocolate just laying around?
  •  

V M

Quote from: Miniar on November 17, 2009, 07:01:12 AM
How about, a french bun, long enough to cover the whole hotdog.
Instead of "sauce" one uses vanilla cream.
And then we dip the whole thing in dark chocolate!
:icon_dribble: :icon_chew: :icon_eek: :icon_dizzy: :eusa_sick: :icon_blah:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Miniar

Quote from: Bellaon7 on November 18, 2009, 04:15:13 PM
Who's got that much dark chocolate just laying around?

..... not me... I eat it too fast.. but "sometimes" I have it in my house for all of 5 minutes

•  

LordKAT

•  

Miniar

Chocolate and Meat goes together much better than one would expect!

•  

Hannah

I don't know about that, chocolate and meat in the same dish would prolly have a lot of potassium.
  •  

LordKAT

chocolate yyum!! darker the better.  Meat Yuck!!!!!! ruins the chocolate.

Just my opinion.
  •  

Bellaon7

•  

LordKAT

Quote from: Bellaon7 on November 19, 2009, 04:23:48 PM
Fillet Minon smothered in cholate Mole sauce!

Now that sounds....interesting. I would prefer bananas in my tacos.  BTW it tastes pretty good when prego w/twins
  •