Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Creamed corn

Started by Hannah, November 13, 2009, 11:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannah

I had a can of creamed corn and a chocolate chip cookie for dinner. Not very low carb but my soul sure feels good!

You know I can't remember the last time I ate creamed corn, yum yum.
  •  

Janet_Girl

Have you ever made your own creamed corn?  It is even better than the canned stuff.

Pass me one of those cookie, Girl.  Don't Jones all of them.

Janet
  •  

Bellaon7

I'm trying to lose weight, why did you have pull that can of luv outta the cuboard?!
  •  

aubrey

How is it that I always manage to forget that cream corn exists? Again and again I forget, when It's so darn good. Ever make that corn cake where it's like corn bread with cream corn added? Oh it's heaven.
  •  

SusanKC

I went and checked:  No creamed corn!  And no cookies!!  And then Mija reminded me of corn cake!!!  Excuse me, while I add a couple of items to the grocery list, and look for my sister's recipe.
(Susan departs to find a pencil, tearfully, due to the bare cupboard.)

SusanKG
  •  

LordKAT

Cream corn.....blecchhh!!!!! Give me the real stuff instead, cob and all if possible.
  •  

Ali Noir

Im so hungryyyy. Ima go get some cookies, too. :p!
xoxo
xoxo
  •  

Renate

If you like gloppy food (and I do) creamed spinach is also very nice.
I used to take a can of condensed soup with only about 1/2 a can of milk (or water) added and then added in a regular can of corn.
That was gloppy.
  •  

Cyndigurl45

There are very, very few things that I don't like to eat, I don't think there's anything I won't try but when it comes to creamed corn I'll chose a different dish, my fav is corn on my mashed taters :)
  •  

Janet_Girl

And I spose that y'all eat you peas with a knife.  ;D :angel:    Of course, if you top the corn with chicken nuggets, gravy and some cheese then you're talking.

Janet
  •  

tekla

chicken nuggets, gravy and some cheese then you're talking a heart attack diet.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

finewine

A little "heart attack" food is nice though.  I do enjoy it as a treat now and then.  I don't want to do an Elvis and pop a vein in my brain trying to squeeze clay out of my bowels, however. :)
  •  

tekla

"Straining at stool" was the official cause of Elvis's death.  Not uncommon with bad diets and old people.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

finewine

Quote from: tekla on November 17, 2009, 11:39:59 AM
"Straining at stool" was the official cause of Elvis's death.  Not uncommon with bad diets and old people.

My diet of spicy food, curries etc. means I don't have the straining problem at all - but I could certainly fall under the bad diet category if I binge on the wrong curries! :)

But, well, life without curry is as good as dead anyway IMO.  Now, who fancies a decent balti, garlic naan and a brace of onion bhajis?
  •  

LordKAT

Quote from: finewine on November 17, 2009, 11:44:40 AM
My diet of spicy food, curries etc. means I don't have the straining problem at all - but I could certainly fall under the bad diet category if I binge on the wrong curries! :)

But, well, life without curry is as good as dead anyway IMO.  Now, who fancies a decent balti, garlic naan and a brace of onion bhajis?

I don't know what those are but, I do know that I like curry. I'm a spice lover long as no salt is involved.
  •