Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Living Library - Sara on enough rope

Started by TheBattler, October 31, 2006, 05:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBattler

There was a CD/transvestite on Enough rope last night and the interview was very interesting(http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s1776670.htm).

Extract
ANDREW DENTON: And thank you both for being with us. Sara, I'll start with you. How far back does the urge to express your femininity go?

SARA/ CLAES LUND: I know that I've been kind of different all my life but when I found out exactly what it was all about, I don't know. When do you start to know things? Five, six, seven years, something.

ANDREW DENTON: When did the word "transvestite" first come into your life?

SARA/ CLAES LUND: When I could read, somewhere around, eight, ten I saw it in a book. I saw a picture and I saw some guys and a beautiful woman and I read a text that the woman wasn't a woman, it was a transvestite, so I thought, "Okay, that's what I am." I suddenly found a name of what I was doing, and I looked it up in the book, and that was not a nice experience.

ANDREW DENTON: Why was that?

SARA/ CLAES LUND: In the book it says - it said, at that time, transvestite — a homosexual man who is dressing in the clothes of the opposite sex to get some kind of sexual relief or something, and I thought I was heterosexual, so I was kind of confused. What? Homosexual — when does that start? Does that come when you're 12 or 15 or what? I didn't know and I didn't dare tell anybody. I didn't dare ask anybody so - and you couldn't read anything about this in the papers or anything on television or radio or - transvestites didn't exist at all, anywhere. So it was kind of lonely.

I found the whole interview very interesting.  I am hoping to get my father to read the transcript.

Alice
  •