Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Anybody here wax?

Started by Nero, January 05, 2010, 08:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colleen Ireland

I realize this is an OLD thread, but I just tried shaving my chest and tummy for the first time this week, and after shaving twice, I decided this is NOT going to work.  So I bought a wax kit - Alexandria Body Wax, which is more like a stiff gel, not like wax at all, and after heating, it's not even really very hot, and it seems to work really well.  I got my wife to do my back, and when the chest hairs have grown out a bit more, I'll do my front myself.  Not willing to spend the money on an epilator yet, but so far I think waxing is DA BOMB!

•  

Padma

I waxed my legs the other day using cold strips - not hardly painful at all. I trimmed all the hair down to around 3mm first (I'm a furry beast for now). I'd Veet creamed my arms and torso, so now I have to wait for the hair to grow out enough to wax them, as I'm still scared after my first epilator experience - apparently that gets a lot less painful after waxing a couple of times, as there's way less hair being plucked at once. I'm very pleased with how my legs came out, it took around a hour and a half (hey, I have long legs, okay?)

While I was doing my legs, I waxed a bit too close to Brazil, if you know what I mean, and discovered why they say "pull the skin taut first" - if you don't, it's both painful and leaves blood bruises at the hair roots, not good.
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

Amy Chislett

I've only done this for a year now and in limited areas, but what about burning hair off? Cover your areolas...
HrbHRT 21Jun2016
mtf hetero
  •  

Da

I got my chest waxed,  once.   The pain was tolerable,  but the hair grew back too fast to justify the cost.   I now have an epilator, that leaves me with terrible red bumps for days.   Ugh.  I suppose I'm back to shaving, since burning it off with fire isn't generally recommended.
  •  

thewitchoforigins

Exfoliate and shave before hand to reduce pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

MichelleCaro

I waxed and loved how smooth it was so I went and have had lots and lots of laser!
  •