Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Christian group wants ’self-mutilating’ Obama appointee fired

Started by Butterfly, January 09, 2010, 04:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher_Marius

I hate religion so much, and I wish it would go extinct.
Never put off until tomorrow what you could get out of doing altogether.

"They're only words. You can't be afraid of words that speak the truth. Even if it's an unpleasant truth."  -George Carlin
  •  

supremecatoverlord

Quote from: landon_marius on April 28, 2012, 08:14:01 PM
I hate religion so much, and I wish it would go extinct.
I'm not religious at all, but religion itself isn't the problem here.
It's the people who are abusing religion in an effort to support their bigoted and xenophobic views.
In my opinion, people would always find a way to twist words around and make them into something they were never intended to be - religion or not.
Meow.

•  

ToriJo

Quote from: JasonRX on April 28, 2012, 08:42:00 PM
I'm not religious at all, but religion itself isn't the problem here.
It's the people who are abusing religion in an effort to support their bigoted and xenophobic views.
In my opinion, people would always find a way to twist words around and make them into something they were never intended to be - religion or not.

Agreed.  People have been killed in the name of science.  Money has been used as a justification for horrible things.  Etc.

And science, like religion, like money have also been used for wonderful things.

There are good religious people and evil religious people.  There are also good and evil non-religious people.  Most of us probably fit somewhere between good and evil.
  •  

ByeBye

It feels weird because I in 2006-2010 would banish myself to hell now.

I know that God created us and programmed us with feelings. When you do the right thing there's a plus inside of you, a euphoria. When you do the wrong thing, there's a minus inside of you, a darkness.
♥   I'm like an egg that is hatching into something great :)
  •  

ByeBye

Quote from: Slanan on April 28, 2012, 10:53:07 PM
Agreed.  People have been killed in the name of science.  Money has been used as a justification for horrible things.  Etc.

And science, like religion, like money have also been used for wonderful things.

There are good religious people and evil religious people.  There are also good and evil non-religious people.  Most of us probably fit somewhere between good and evil.

Mainstream religion and Darwinian evolution are used by society's controllers to get everyone fighting with eachother.

I am of an independent faith and my belief is Epigenetic evolution that your soul controls your genes and can change them at will.
♥   I'm like an egg that is hatching into something great :)
  •  

Annah

•  

Annah

Quote from: ~~BebeLyss~~ on May 04, 2012, 06:32:20 PM
It feels weird because I in 2006-2010 2012 would banish myself to hell now.

I know that God created us and programmed us with feelings. When you do the right thing there's a plus inside of you, a euphoria. When you do the wrong thing, there's a minus inside of you, a darkness.

Mainstream religion and Darwinian evolution are used by society's controllers to get everyone fighting with eachother.

Also, mainstream Christianity, for the most part, embrace evolution. Fundamentalists, for the most part, embrace creationism.

Plus, I would not say that Evolution is a society controller.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Annah on May 05, 2012, 12:38:51 AM
Also, mainstream Christianity, for the most part, embrace evolution. Fundamentalists, for the most part, embrace creationism.

Plus, I would not say that Evolution is a society controller.

Part of the problem are biblical literalists.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but many Jewish rabbinic scholars consider much of the Torah to be allegorical.
  •  

lilacwoman

Those Christians need to go look at the Ethiopian and African immigrants communities of USA to see how many of the young girls have had their clitorises sliced off by sicko parents who think girls should not have enjoyable sex because that might make them want to get boyfriends - and OMG! enjoy sex!

Two of these immigrants have just been arrested in Britain for offering to do the mutilations so it may just as easily happen in USA?

TS are mature individuals who choose to go through surgery but the 8-12 year old girls have no choice.
  •  

SandraJane

Its Federal crime in the USA to perform Clitanectomies.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: SandraJane on May 08, 2012, 04:10:09 AM
Its Federal crime in the USA to perform Clitanectomies.

Congress tried a Clintonectomy in January 1999, but fell 17 votes short.
  •