Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

It is real violence happening to real people

Started by Allamakee, January 11, 2010, 12:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BunnyBee

Quote from: Britney_413 on January 18, 2010, 11:15:01 PM
Well, I guess it is great that the rest of you seem to base your safety off of avoidance and "chance" because if I'm walking down the same street as you guys and a criminal wants to attack, I won't be the easiest target. As stated before, I certainly believe in avoiding problematic situations as much as possible. The last thing I want in my life is unneeded drama or headaches or any other problems. At the same time, I've always been a strong advocate for freedom and rights including personal liberties. So whether I am inside my home or in a public place and minding my business, people are to stay out of it. I have my own life, my own possessions, and my own lifestyles. People who try to interfere with that will be dealt with accordingly. So should someone pull a knife and demand 20 bucks, I sure will empty a magazine in them and I won't feel sorry for it. Everyone's different, though, and that is fine. Statistically criminals look for easy targets so if that is what you want to be that's up to you. I choose not to be a victim. Period.

I have this mental image of you in my head that entertains me quite a bit :).
  •  

cynthialee

Quote from: Britney_413 on January 18, 2010, 11:15:01 PM
Well, I guess it is great that the rest of you seem to base your safety off of avoidance and "chance" because if I'm walking down the same street as you guys and a criminal wants to attack, I won't be the easiest target. As stated before, I certainly believe in avoiding problematic situations as much as possible. The last thing I want in my life is unneeded drama or headaches or any other problems. At the same time, I've always been a strong advocate for freedom and rights including personal liberties. So whether I am inside my home or in a public place and minding my business, people are to stay out of it. I have my own life, my own possessions, and my own lifestyles. People who try to interfere with that will be dealt with accordingly. So should someone pull a knife and demand 20 bucks, I sure will empty a magazine in them and I won't feel sorry for it. Everyone's different, though, and that is fine. Statistically criminals look for easy targets so if that is what you want to be that's up to you. I choose not to be a victim. Period.
\QFT. Preach it sister.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

BunnyBee

Quote from: cynthialee on January 19, 2010, 08:13:56 AM
\QFT. Preach it sister.
Lol... Yosemite Samantha and her combustible twin sister Calamity Anne say the "gender" in "transgender" is short for "gansta-ender" YEEHAW!!
  •  

tekla

If you ever empty a clip into someone over $20 your going to find yourself in jail in most places.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Kendall

Almost every fortress becomes a prison. Living scared is a prison also. Being ready to kill too easily is living in fear.

Everyone gets to make their own choices, but I am trying to learn not to live in fear. I let fear keep me from being myself for too long.

Ironically, I think many of us in the transgender community do more harm to ourselves out of fear and self-hate than those who hate us do. Compare the number of suicides to the number of murders. I mean no disrespect to either murder victims or suicides. Both are (hopefully someday) preventable tragedies. I think, in both cases, fear which leads to hate is the core cause.

Everyone gets to choose how to avoid or overcome fear. I am trying to do so without letting it rule me.
  •