Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

my first time

Started by Valery, November 12, 2006, 08:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valery

wow , well finaly i will be going to my first group metting in weatrige, co . i am all tingley inside i hope they can help me, well it dose not start till like 7pm and i want to go early mon morning but i am just going to have to wait , well i also got my friend to go with me too that kool. but wow hehehe
  •  

Nero

Good luck, Valery.
If you could post about this experience, I'd very much appreciate it.
I'll have to attend my first one soon, and am a bit nervous.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

HelenW

I went to my first support meeting en homme, not feeling safe enough to go as I wanted.  I was nervous and I was ignored for a while at first, as I expected I would be.  Eventually I was able to talk to a few of the members.

I walked out absolutely blown away by the experience of seeing, hearing and interacting with real, live, human beings that had this thing in common with me.  It brought me close to tears.  I had been posting here for a couple of months before the meeting and while I love it here it doesn't compare at all to being with my peers in support.  And because all of them had or have the same feelings and tribulations as I have gone through, or worse, it was the kindest and most tolerant group of people I've met so far in my life.

Nero, Valery, you may or may not find the same kind of group as I did, don't forget how psycologically damaging being TS can be, but I think the chances are good that you will.  I know my saying so won't prevent it but I really don't think you need to be nervous at all.

Hugs & Smiles,
helen
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

Kate

Good luck Valery! Enjoy!

Support groups are great - coincidentally, I'm leaving for mine in two hours ;)

Like Helen says, there's nothing quite like meeting people face to face who are also struggling with this. I still mark my first support group meeting as a turning point for me... seeing first-hand that people can indeed get through all this and live relatively ordinary lives afterwards was an amazing revelation for me.
  •