Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Dream Interp.

Started by Terra, February 23, 2010, 05:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terra

Anyone know a good way to interpenetrate one's dreams? Had a really weird and unusual one last night.
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

Janet_Girl

There is a fairly good on-line source.  Dream Moods

Hope it helps.
  •  

Miniar

I and my father discuss our dreams with one another as we both have what we believe are prophetic dreams.

Think about the overall air of the dream, your attitude towards the events, your feelings in and around the dream and so on. Take that into account.

The symbolism of the dreams (the objects, people, animals, things, colours, places) are worth looking up, but Do Not rely too heavily on dream interpretation lists/sites/books/whatever. For example, cats, to me, signify myself and comfort, more than anything else. Cats are "good" in my dreams, even if in dream interpretation guides they are usually translated as "trouble".

And write down your dream when you wake up, in as much detail as possible.
And don't hesitate to talk about it with other people. Not so much because they can offer you some grand insight, but because by bouncing ideas off another person, or hearing the thoughts of another person, you can find your "own" insight, simply because your thought processes are running a little differently when you are discussing your dream with someone else than when you're just thinking about it yourself.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Muffin

More or less what the tallest said. Dreams are incredibly subjective and dream journals are your best friend in figuring out what your subconscious is trying to tell you. Over time you pick up on dream symbols and they become small puzzle pieces that will show a bigger picture over time.
I've also found that my dreams are most vivid when I eat less complicated food and less of it. And also reading my journal before bed, to pick up on where I left off. Oh yeah dream symbols can be any reoccurring objects, people, feelings, ideas etc.
I feel as though I've over come a lot of emotional issues by using this method, it's like a more passive version of hypnotherapy. Dream journals allow your subconscious to come to you where hypnotherapy, taps directly into your subconscious more forcefully but with better results for more complicated issues. imo.
  •