Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

*sigh* Be sure to be clear with professors before your legal name change...

Started by Autumn, March 12, 2010, 12:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn

So they don't decide one day to ask you at the beginning of class, "Malename, it's biblical, yeah? Why you have that name? You go by femalename."

"It's a long story."

*sigh*
(I already talked to him at the beginning of class. He's foreign and doesn't get it. This is like the third or fourth time he's pulled out the birth name on me, I'm going to have to just take the goddamn HRT letter to him after spring break.)
  •  

Janet_Girl

I am going to be a little snarky here, so don't stomp on me.  >:-)

I would inform him one more time and then ignore him when he calls you by *malename*.  When he asks why you did not answer, just tell him you will when he calls you by your *femalename*.  ::)
  •  

tekla

"Malename, it's biblical, yeah?

What do you mean biblical, my parents named me after the most successful career criminal in the family.

Bet me, he never asks you anything ever again.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Northern Jane

When I started college in 1969 (long before there was much hope of SRS) I knew I would either transition or die in the near future so I talked to the Registrar and had my college records changed to only my initials and family name (in case I did survive) and I went through school being called "D" which was fine by me. That worked.
  •  

SarahFaceDoom

Why not just tell him "it's because I'm transitioning to a new gender, but haven't had the funds to pay for a legal name change because I have to pay your overpriced butt money to sit here and call me by my old name even though I've asked you not to."

And then drop the mic and leave the stage to applause.

Or does that only work in my dreams?
  •