Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Started by Janet_Girl, March 12, 2010, 08:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet_Girl

I finally rent the movie and it is so cool.  I am going to rent it next time I am at my ex's place.  She has a big screen and surround sound.  It was awesome on my computer, so it should be OMG on her TV.

•  

Laura91

I haven't seen it and I don't plan to. Most movies made these days bore me to death.

Don't you know that we will all die in 2012??!!! :o

:D
  •  

Janet_Girl

Not if you see the movie.......  ::)
  •  

Walter

My mom rented it a couple days ago. I watched it

Even though I don't put any stock into what some say will happen in 2012, I have to say the movie kind of freaked me out

But putting that aside, the movie was alright for an action movie
  •  

Christo

we watched it.  all I'm goin 2 say is meh  :D :D :D  but thats just me  :D :D :D
  •  

Sarah B

Although I like science fiction very much, I watched 2012 and for me personally it was a let down. The story was just a "Noah's Ark" story reworked with a modern theme thrown in which occurs after a doomsday event occurs.

This was definitely a very low B grade movie.

Kind regards
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1989 Living my life as Sarah.
Feb 1989 Legally changed my name.
Mar 1989 Started hormones.
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •  

Martin

Ah, I saw it in theatre. I have to say, I can never really take disaster movies seriously, 2012 in particular. It was a lot of fun to watch, but in a laughable way. I can't help but find all the pseudo-science hilarious. So, my general feeling of it would be a fun watch, but not a top quality movie.  8)
"You measure democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
  •  

VeryGnawty

It was pretty good.... for a disaster movie.  There were only two problems with the movie that really NEEDED to be lost:

1)  Way too long.  I mean, really too long.  An entire hour of this film could have been lost and it wouldn't have been missed.

2)  Too many scenes are just copycats of ones that have already been done in (better) movies.  We could have done without the whole Titanic hitting the iceberg bit... oh wait, I mean the "ark" hitting the "mountain" bit.  Yeah, that one.
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

Iolanthe

The movie was preposterous, but I rather enjoyed watching Los Angeles fall into the Pacific.

As for the whole 2012 business, what I'm interested to see is how that year's Christmas shopping season will play out. I mean, if the world is coming to an end, how many folks are actually going to go out and buy Uncle Harry a ghastly tie? 

~L~
  •  

ativan

And what about all the Christmas decorations? Will there be large display's based on the end of the world/Christmas themes?
  •  

LordKAT

Curiosity here, if the idea of 2012 is based on the Mayan calendar, What month/day does the year end on? Is it the following january, or maybe august or is it a solstice thing meaning december 21st before christmas?

Either way, the world will end when it will. I can't do much about that but I can deal in the here and now and the probabilities of what tomorrow will bring.
  •  

BrandiOK

I'm not watching it until 2013...afterward I'll party like it's 1999. 
  •  

Martin

Quote from: LordKAT on April 12, 2010, 11:24:39 AM
Curiosity here, if the idea of 2012 is based on the Mayan calendar, What month/day does the year end on? Is it the following january, or maybe august or is it a solstice thing meaning december 21st before christmas?

I'm pretty sure it's December 21st.
Not that I'm really remotely concerned... I just think it's a kinda fun theory.
"You measure democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
  •  

LordKAT

It is A theory and a wacky one. I think I'll party with Brandi in 2013 if she lets me join her.
  •  

Iolanthe

Wikipedia has a comprehensive (albeit lengthy) rundown on the whole thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

~L~

•  

VeryGnawty

The Mayans may have had a calendar, but we have Mighty Putty.  We'll piece the world back together!
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

Silver

Quote from: VeryGnawty on April 13, 2010, 06:27:47 AM
The Mayans may have had a calendar, but we have Mighty Putty.  We'll piece the world back together!

And clean all the leftover mess up with Oxi Clean.
  •  

LordKAT

Quote from: VeryGnawty on April 13, 2010, 06:27:47 AM

I laughed myself to tears at this.  I think I like mighty putty. Does in work on bodies? Oh well A guy can dream.
  •