Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Going to court

Started by tswoman, May 10, 2010, 05:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tswoman

The next autumn I am going to begin the legal battle agains the DOD. I hope support from other members of transcommunity. This will become public issue in my homecountry  after our ''pro human right''- president decided not to to intervene. Thank you very much for your support for human rights for all people, madam president.  >:-)
  •  

LordKAT

What legal battle? What country?

Details please. I can't support anything when I have no details.
  •  

vanna

mmmm

you sound familiar?? still having troubles K??
  •  

tswoman

This is regarding to Finland. We have a law about legal gender recognition but the DOD refuses to follow it. Two members of our parliament made a written question to the secretery of defense who managed to dodge to giving a direct answer why the law is not followed. This is the answer ( translated to poor English)that the president Halonen who claims (only!!!)  to support human rights has given:

The president has received your message where you wrote about the unjust treatment of transsexuals relating to the military service. We thank you for bringing this important issue to out.

However the role of the president is determined in the constitution and in the other laws. This issue does not belong under her duties determined by the law. The president cannot do anything for the issue.

>:( >:( >:(
  •  

spacial

Keep us posted.

I will do whatever is within my ability and power.

•  

darklady

First I must ask my name removal for wartime draftregistry two times without success. Then I can ring the case to European court of human rights.
  •