Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Accessing Susan's??

Started by Turtle, July 06, 2010, 01:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turtle

Hi all - is anyone else having trouble accessing this forum. Two or three times recently I haven't been able to get on the site at all for several hours - the message is 'URL not recognised'. Any ideas what I should do?
  •  

tekla

Wait for them to fix the problem, which is on Susan's end, and not yours, in the meantime there is always Stumble.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Jasmine.m

lol! Stumble!! That's not 1/2 as much fun as susans!!  :D
  •  

Turtle

Thank you! Just so long as it's not something my computer's doing, or anythinig my end.
  •  

Elijah3291

yea Turtle its not just you.

Its been messing up lately for me and my friend as well.
  •  

Samantha_Peterson

Yeah, I was getting worried about this...
  •  

tekla

that's a standard message when the server is down.  Interestingly enough several other TG sites were also off-line.
  •  

Susan

We had a server go down last week and the replacement server had a bad memory chip in it. But on the plus side, all the staff had the 4th of July off! We also replaced a dual core with 2 gigs of ram with a quad core running with 8 gb of ram, and a lot more storage space! So things will be humming!
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

tekla

quad core running with 8 gb of ram

I wonder if that's as sexy as it sounds?  Well to some I'm sure.  I always have thought that working with computers is much more interesting then actually using them in any way.  In the same sense that about 90% of the 'art' in modern performances happens long before any 'artists' hit the stage.

Glad you all had the holiday off, hope it was nice.  Went to the beach myself. 
  •  

spacial

Quote from: Susan on July 06, 2010, 02:00:54 PM
We had a server go down last week and the replacement server had a bad memory chip in it. But on the plus side, all the staff had the 4th of July off! We also replaced a dual core with 2 gigs of ram with a quad core running with 8 gb of ram, and a lot more storage space! So things will be humming!

Susan. Thanks for your efforts.

I'm sure most of us found other things to do. I discovered that my desk doesn't taste very good.  :D
  •  

Samantha_Peterson

Quote from: spacial on July 06, 2010, 02:45:52 PM
Susan. Thanks for your efforts.

I'm sure most of us found other things to do. I discovered that my desk doesn't taste very good.  :D

Um...what?

Why were you eating your desk?
  •  

spacial

Quote from: Samantha_Peterson on July 06, 2010, 02:52:07 PM
Um...what?

Why were you eating your desk?

Sorry, it was suppose to be in jest. You know, frustrated, bored, chewing your nails down to your elbows?
  •  

Vin

I'm so glad that it wasn't just my computer.

•  

Nathan.

also you should check downforeveryoneorjustme. It tells you if its you or the site.
  •  

tekla

I'm with Vexing, if you can access that site you don't even need to check it, getting there is the check.
  •  

V M

I'm just feeling thankful that the site is back up again... I sure did miss everyone  :icon_chick:

Thank you Susan

{{{HUGS}}}
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Robyn

Having supreme confidence in Susan and assuming she was away for the weekend, I just worked on editing my husband's second novel, The Gay Agenda. And he got to autograph a copy of his published novel, Last Year's Leaves, for one of his fans.  :)

Was happy to find everything up when I came home this afternoon. Well, actually, after my Chinese Buffet-induced nap.

Robyn
When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton
  •  

spacial

Quote from: Nathan. on July 06, 2010, 04:15:56 PM
also you should check downforeveryoneorjustme. It tells you if its you or the site.

Thank you. I have bookmarked that site. It will be really useful.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
  •  

Debra

Quote from: Susan on July 06, 2010, 02:00:54 PM

Yay! I noticed posting seems to be a bit speedier

•  

Al James

Didnt realise just how much time i spent on Susans til i couldnt get on it anymore.
  •