Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I am still a man

Started by George, July 25, 2010, 09:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

Quote from: Elijah on July 27, 2010, 10:41:05 PM
wow, well man.  I just wanted to remind you that you are still a man, and that genitals do not make you any less of a man.

stay strong.  hell, you may even like what you have now.

this is indeed a quite interesting situation if I may say so.

i feel like I have a lot to say, but I cant really put it in words... anyway good luck with healing and  you can always post here if you have troubles, or triumphs, we are here to support you.

Thanks Elijah! I agree that I am a man, but... I hope other girls will share your opinion :) Anyway, thanks for support.
  •  

Elijah3291

Quote from: George on July 27, 2010, 11:39:04 PM
Thanks Elijah! I agree that I am a man, but... I hope other girls will share your opinion :) Anyway, thanks for support.

well if there are girls who can love transguys and there are, then you will fond someone for you.  It may even be nice.. some girls dont like the pressure of oral sex etc.  Also.. think of it this way... now you can have any size penis you want with the many possibilities of strap ons.
  •  

George

Quote from: Elijah on July 27, 2010, 11:50:18 PM
well if there are girls who can love transguys and there are, then you will fond someone for you.  It may even be nice.. some girls dont like the pressure of oral sex etc.  Also.. think of it this way... now you can have any size penis you want with the many possibilities of strap ons.
So, I got an advantage?! HAHAHA, Thanks again Elijah! You make me laughing again after some time. I will take your words seriously, really
PS. Another advantage... strapon never fall down ;)
  •  

Elijah3291

Quote from: George on July 28, 2010, 12:23:16 AM
So, I got an advantage?! HAHAHA, Thanks again Elijah! You make me laughing again after some time. I will take your words seriously, really
PS. Another advantage... strapon never fall down ;)

I'm glad to help. and hell yea.. you wont have to worry about staying hard ;)

also.. I dont recall the extent of your surgery.. but if it is possible for you to be penetrated, well that could lead to some really awesome, new things for you to explore.

so, its not all bad, try to think of the positives.
  •  

justmeinoz

Another thought just came to mind too. You can have a fun time with the religo-fruitackes, no matter what they say you will have them stuffed!! >:-)
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Lyric

This is a most interesting story, George. I've never heard of a vaginoplasty for such a reason before. I certainly wish you all the best in your recovery.

I hope you can take a "life gives you lemons so make lemonade" attitude about your situation. The only constant in life is change. We just have to make the best of those changes. I think I know how I would deal with it, but you have to choose your own path.

While your situation is different from many on this board, there is much you can learn from persons here who have gone through similar procedures and adapted well. It's a good place to find a little support when you don't find it elsewhere, too.

I have to say I admire your courage. Good luck.

Lyric
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

George

Quote from: Elijah on July 28, 2010, 12:28:41 AM
I'm glad to help. and hell yea.. you wont have to worry about staying hard ;)

also.. I dont recall the extent of your surgery.. but if it is possible for you to be penetrated, well that could lead to some really awesome, new things for you to explore.

so, its not all bad, try to think of the positives.

Of course, I am always trying to think positive... even sometimes it is not so easy. but, you are right, there will be lot of new things to explore... Just needs some time to recover completely first and also top fully accept my new body. Let us see what will happen!
  •  

Lacey Lynne

George:

I, for one, am thrilled to have you here at this website.  I'm sure many others here will agree that it's great to have you on board.

By profession, I do quality control for medical transcription at many major hospitals throughout the U.S.A.  You are by no means the only person to ever face this situation, I assure you.  I've been in the medical records biz for a long time, and I've encountered this very situation more than you might think anyone would.  Many people who go through this type of surgery have a very hard time beating depression.

What IS remarkable is your attitude to the surgery.  Your attitude is exemplary.  Your life will be happy because of it. 

You are willing to drop by and visit us, realize that we are people too, understand that we're not perverted or crazy and just want to live normal, happy lives ... just like you want to ... just like most people want to.  That's phenomenal!

I salute you, sir!  You are an open-minded man of courage.  Welcome to Susan's Place.  Drop on in anytime.  You are among friends here.

:)   Lacey Lynne

Believe.  Persist.  Arrive.    :D

Julie Vu (Princess Joules) Rocks!  "Hi, Sunshine Sparkle Faces!" she says!
  •  

Melody Maia

George,
How are you doing? I'm curious about how you are getting on. It took me 39 years to make the decision that you had a little over a month to consider. I greatly admire your courage.

Melody
and i know that i'm never alone
and i know that my heart is my home
Every missing piece of me
I can find in a melody

O
  •  

Calistine

George, it is great that you are here. You for sure prove that gender is indeed in the brain, and that you are not less of a man because of it. I do wish the best for you.
  •  

George

Quote from: LaceyLynne on July 29, 2010, 12:20:28 AM
George:

I, for one, am thrilled to have you here at this website.  I'm sure many others here will agree that it's great to have you on board.

By profession, I do quality control for medical transcription at many major hospitals throughout the U.S.A.  You are by no means the only person to ever face this situation, I assure you.  I've been in the medical records biz for a long time, and I've encountered this very situation more than you might think anyone would.  Many people who go through this type of surgery have a very hard time beating depression.

What IS remarkable is your attitude to the surgery.  Your attitude is exemplary.  Your life will be happy because of it. 

You are willing to drop by and visit us, realize that we are people too, understand that we're not perverted or crazy and just want to live normal, happy lives ... just like you want to ... just like most people want to.  That's phenomenal!

I salute you, sir!  You are an open-minded man of courage.  Welcome to Susan's Place.  Drop on in anytime.  You are among friends here.

:)   Lacey Lynne

Thank you for warm welcome. Lacey, I am sure I am not the only person who passed through the same situation. Just three weeks ago, I met a man who went through the same surgery after he had cancer surgery. However, he did it in two steps. He decided to have genital reassignment after he had penectomy because of cancer. His case was one of the man argument why I decided to go this way. He was happy with his new anatomy much more than other man, I met too, he just lost what he had. So, if I have to chose just lose something, or to lose something and get something else in return, I just decided for the second option.

My altitude is always to get what I have without complain, to try to be happy with, and to get the best of it. Sort of life optimism, and sort of believing... He must have a reason to do what He did to me, right? Better to try to be happy than to cry for rest of my life!

George

Post Merge: August 01, 2010, 07:52:58 PM

Quote from: Melody on August 01, 2010, 04:04:34 PM
George,
How are you doing? I'm curious about how you are getting on. It took me 39 years to make the decision that you had a little over a month to consider. I greatly admire your courage.

Melody

Actually, i had only one week to decide, after that option was given to me. But I had no choice. I had cancer and I had to do surgery urgently to save my life. What choices I had? Just two: to just lose important part of me to save life, or to lose it but get something else in return. It wasn't so difficult to chose later. When my doctor told me about that option, I was against only in the first moment, and just because it sounded so unusual to me. After that, when I put all arguments on the table, just all of them were for what I call "second option" (GRS). I will lose nothing what I would not lose if I chose the first option. But I will get something. I can be unhappy with? Right, but I always can "close" it, right? In the moment, two weeks after surgery, I don;t see any reason why would I be sorry because of my decision. I already like some aspects of having "female genitals", with time... maybe I will like it even more.Please, don't call it courage, I just had no choice, that's all :)
  •  

Melody Maia

Don't sell yourself short. You made a tough choice that many men would not have made.

I'm curious. I know why I would love to have girl parts (and I will someday!), but if you don't mind me asking, what do you like about it?

I can find in a melody

O
  •  

George

Quote from: Melody on August 01, 2010, 08:41:49 PM
Don't sell yourself short. You made a tough choice that many men would not have made.

I'm curious. I know why I would love to have girl parts (and I will someday!), but if you don't mind me asking, what do you like about it?

Good question. First what I really like is that they are much more comfortable. No need too pack into your underwear, also, no pinching when in tight trousers... Also, peeing is going much smoother and quicker. Disadvantage is that I have to wipe now (what I often forget), and I think big disadvantage will be going to public toilet. Also, esthetically they look much prettier... okay... I cannot be objective in that, but really, man's genitals are all but not pretty :( However, still I cannot see them as part of me emotionally... I am watching them every morning, but still... I feel like  I am looking into some nude lady. And my reaction is just normal reaction of a man (still a man!!!). It is strange, I know it is crazy in my situation, but... I nearly feel an erection when watching them :) I hope it will disappear with time, because it is just pervert to be turned on by yourself :(
One question about that... would I have to wear ladies underњear (panties)? Man's doesn't fit no more :(
  •  

kelly_aus

Quote from: George on August 01, 2010, 09:40:40 PM
Good question. First what I really like is that they are much more comfortable. No need too pack into your underwear, also, no pinching when in tight trousers... Also, peeing is going much smoother and quicker. Disadvantage is that I have to wipe now (what I often forget), and I think big disadvantage will be going to public toilet. Also, esthetically they look much prettier... okay... I cannot be objective in that, but really, man's genitals are all but not pretty :( However, still I cannot see them as part of me emotionally... I am watching them every morning, but still... I feel like  I am looking into some nude lady. And my reaction is just normal reaction of a man (still a man!!!). It is strange, I know it is crazy in my situation, but... I nearly feel an erection when watching them :) I hope it will disappear with time, because it is just pervert to be turned on by yourself :(
One question about that... would I have to wear ladies underњear (panties)? Man's doesn't fit no more :(

Good to hear things are going OK.. I'd suggest that you have a look at some of the more everyday, cotton underwear.. Here in Australia, Bonds have quite a selection that fit well, and won't instantly scream PANTIES if they happen to peek out over the top of your trousers.. Maybe a boy leg short might work for you too.. Hanes also have similar products that may work for you too..
  •  

Elijah3291

I just wear plain ol' cotton boxers

they work fine for me, and they wont have that 'pocket' area like the tighter boxers

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hanes-Men-s-Assorted-Boxer-Shorts-6-Pack/7694781?sourceid=1500000000000003260430&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=7694781
  •  

Melody Maia

Quote from: George on August 01, 2010, 09:40:40 PM

Interesting. Never heard anybody mention the peeing bit.  :D

I could see where being attracted to that part of yourself in the way you describe would be disorienting. I would think that would only be natural given that you are still a man between your ears. It sounds like a good thing to bring up to a therapist if you have one.

I don't have one yet, so I can't speak to it directly, but I imagine the erection feeling is partly because your penis isn't gone, it is just reconfigured. That and your brain hasn't yet learned to process the new position of things.

As for underwear, as Kelly mentioned, you could buy the more masculine women's underwear. I've even seen some that look pretty much identical to men's except the cut is a bit more feminine and there is less material in front since it doesn't need to accommodate male genitals. That might be the way to go if you feel you would be embarrassed to have other men see obvious women's underwear when you drop them down in the men's room stall. I have two solutions to that last part too. It has been my experience that you can usually pull both pants and underwear down at one time and hide the underwear deep enough in the pants so as to avoid other men seeing it. Also, the handicap stalls are usually remote enough and large enough that nobody will be able to see anything unless they are determined to look inside.

Anyway, good luck and keep posting updates. It is very interesting to me to read about what is almost the exact opposite of my girl between the ears and boy between the legs situation.
I can find in a melody

O
  •  

George

Quote from: kelly_aus on August 01, 2010, 11:21:06 PM
Good to hear things are going OK.. I'd suggest that you have a look at some of the more everyday, cotton underwear.. Here in Australia, Bonds have quite a selection that fit well, and won't instantly scream PANTIES if they happen to peek out over the top of your trousers.. Maybe a boy leg short might work for you too.. Hanes also have similar products that may work for you too..

I bought few different pairs, and really those Hanes "Comfortflex boy short" are the very comfortable, and "women's cotton boy brief" are even better. Calvin Klein "cotton cheeky boyshorts" and "seamless hipster" also comfortable.But, in the moment, I found Hanes "women's wlassics cotton brief" the most comfortable to me, as I nee to wear ladies pad because of little bleeding after dilating. Btw, dilating is so hurting!
  •  

Melody Maia

Quote from: George on August 05, 2010, 03:38:51 AM
I bought few different pairs, and really those Hanes "Comfortflex boy short" are the very comfortable, and "women's cotton boy brief" are even better. Calvin Klein "cotton cheeky boyshorts" and "seamless hipster" also comfortable.But, in the moment, I found Hanes "women's wlassics cotton brief" the most comfortable to me, as I nee to wear ladies pad because of little bleeding after dilating. Btw, dilating is so hurting!

Bleeding would alarm me. Have you mentioned it to your Dr.? You might want to take your dilating concerns over to the post-op forum as they have much more first hand experience over there.
I can find in a melody

O
  •  

April Dawne

George, I think you are an amazing man! If only more men could be so open and accepting, this world could be so much better for everyone. People in general need to really learn that everyone is more than the sum of their parts, and no matter how our parts are configured, we are all still human beings with dreams, goals, beliefs, feelings, and rights.

I hope you can find true happiness with the results of your situation. It seems to me you are well on your way, as long as you keep thinking positively!

~*Don't wanna look without seeing*~

~*Don't wanna touch without feeling*~

•  

George

Quote from: Melody on August 05, 2010, 09:47:37 AM
Bleeding would alarm me. Have you mentioned it to your Dr.? You might want to take your dilating concerns over to the post-op forum as they have much more first hand experience over there.
Of course, I talked with doctor and he told me that it may happen after first few dilating sesions, but to be careful not to go to deep at the beginning. It is not real bleeding, just few drops of blood, but enough to mess my panties. That's good idea to look at post-op forum, thanks.
  •