Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Home again

Started by Dennis, August 11, 2005, 11:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis

Well, had the drains out a couple of days after I met Terri (on day 6 after surgery) and got the stitches out two days later. I was surprised that it didn't hurt much. One of the drains hurt a little; it'd been bugging me for a couple of days by that time. That was the one that was causing me pain and meant I had to go nap after Terri and I met.

For those who don't know, the surgeon does an incision along the bottom of each pec and basically stitches what used to be the top of your breast to the bottom incision. The nipples are then grafted back onto the chest in a more male position (and trimmed down to a male size). One of the risks is losing a nipple, in which case you can have one tattoo'ed on. Mine both look good and seem to be taking fine.

I was up and moving the day of surgery and continued to get out and walk as much as I could each day after that. I didn't get to see the results until yesterday because I was lying down when he removed the stitches and stuff. I am very pleased with the results and really happy not to have breasts any more. I have to wear a binder (sort of an elastic wrap, about 8 inches wide) around my chest for another week and I'll have little bandages on the nipple grafts for another week after that.

Pain-wise, there isn't much. It's mostly discomfort and the worst of it is the lesions where the binder dug into my skin. I can hardly wait to have that off. I have some limitations in arm movement as well, but they're getting less and less each day.

All in all, a successful experience and I'm looking forward to being fully healed up. Plus it was great to meet Terri. I only wish I'd had a little more stamina.

Dennis
  •  

Terri-Gene

Is good it all worked out to your satisfaction Dennis, and about that bad drain.  I hope I didn't hurt it more in the hug while waiting for my cab.  I been a little worried about that, you didn't look real good about that time, especially when you were leaning against the wall, I knew you were in pain.  and as to stamina fella, I couldn't believe you were as agile as you were.  I know you had to be taxed.  I should have just came up during the week when you had more time to recoup. It was a little soon to be expecting you up and around so much, so I didn't expect to spend much time with you, but really appreciated the time you spared.  Mostly I learned much of what I wanted to know about what it all ment to you when I first looked into your eyes up close.  I actually communicate better on non verbal levels then I do with awkward words.

Terri
  •  

Kimberly

Yay! I am glad you are doing well Dennis, welcome back! (=
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Welcome back Dennis.

It's really good to see you.  I'm so happy that everything has turned out for you, you must feel and look wonderful.

I hope that little tap on the shoulder didn't hurt too much  :)

Take care,

Steph
  •  

Cassandra

Welcome back Dennis! Glad to here all went well. I hope your recovery continues to go well and that your nipples will take properly. Will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Hugs

Cassie
  •