Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Athiest The Original Religion

Started by aisha, August 16, 2010, 02:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aisha

Athiesm is the true religion from my childhood (*is emotional)
  •  

Bombi

So true, thatswhen I (we) started the process of defining who we are and what we believe. I never felt any comfort in Christianity. It seemed like the man behind the curtain like the Wizard of OZ.
Yes there is really bigender people
  •  

FairyGirl

Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

meh

Ew I know you were joking, but that made me shudder.

A lot of people actually think atheism is a religion though. They say Darwin is our god lol!
  •  

JennaLee

The existence of an all knowing supreme being has always been orders of magnitude more difficult to accept than the random occurrence of the odd universe or two.  Why such would toy with individual lives is an equal mystery.

Still, sometimes we do the right things for the wrong reason.  Perhaps god is nothing more than the collection of physical laws and fundamental constants that define the universe.  That would make god all powerful and all knowing, but, quite impersonal. 

The study of human interaction and society as a whole is not too different from a religion.  Although I have never believed in god, religion may have it's place.   The danger in religion, however, is that it can be abused.

I probably don't have the quote right but it's something like this:
The common man finds religion to be truth, the educated man finds it false, and the politician finds it useful!
trust is a useful tool for dishonorable people
  •