Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Bloodwork, exam, and what else? First doctor's visit for T.

Started by EmergeAndSeeExit, December 12, 2006, 06:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmergeAndSeeExit

I know no one is going to have the exact same experience at the doctor's office, but I'm wondering what to expect.

I know there's bloodwork to check my natural T levels, stuff like that. And an exam 'down there' if I'm not mistaken (and how I'd love to be mistaken). But is there anything else? Do you usually get your first T shot the same day?

And I don't have insurance. I know that doesn't matter as far as the T goes, but I would imagine some of the doctor's costs would be paid for if I did have it. Anyone have any idea about what I should be expecting? I'm hoping, with enough Christmas money, I can pay for the DR visit and a few months worth of T - after that, I'll have a job and be set. I'm just really broke right now.

My therapist told me that as soon as I'm financially ready, she's willing to write the letter. I feel great, but I'd feel a lot better if I had some cash in my pocket!
  •