Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Clothing styles

Started by Susan, May 24, 2005, 07:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boo Stew

I think I lost my mind. I bought this nude/pink playsuit, like where it's one piece with shorts and long sleeves, sheer up top and opaque below. Tough piece to negotiate when you have to pee.  ;) Anywhere, it's full on Winter here in New York so I paired it with knee high socks in a beige/gold color and black riding boots with a black tailored jacket giving the whole thing a kind of equestrian meets mod vibe. I think you can consider a look a success when you achieve that off-duty model look -even if you are freezing your ass off to accomplish it.
  •  

ImagineKate

I dress down.

I like mom jeans and v-neck shirts. Occasionally I will wear flared jeans or skinny.

Dresses? I like fit and flare dresses.

I also have a favorite sweater that is flared as well.

For summer I am not sure what look I want though, and I will be full time so I have to look good!
  •  

wherearemyshoes

I like Boho looking clothes... baggy, natural earth tones, and natural motifs

I used to wear country lolita before I came out, but now I'm trying to transition over to Ouji. It's really hard finding people to give/sell my old dresses to, and I'm not too thrilled about going about and buying 120 dollar Alice and the Pirates pants.

That said, if any of you are lolitas/oujis and need help with coording or finding clothes on a budget let me know! I'm best with classic-sweet styles but can dabble with gothic too. Punk is difficult for me, though...
Just kidding, I know where they are.
  •  

Pandora

I tend to wear plus size jeans, long sleeved top, hoodie, scarf and beanie. Mostly into grey, black and blue colours at the moment.
I call it "The Bag-Lady Look". 

I would love to try more feminine styles but find that the combination of age, wide shoulders, narrow hips, long arms and androgynous features does limit my choices :( . In a perfect world I would tend to gravitate towards a Goth / Punk / Emo look. I think Naomi Rapace in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" looks amazing! Just any age appropriate clothes would be nice though.
  •  

Boo Stew

I recently discovered the art of layering. It's super fun to put a blouse under a sleeveless dress. Really having fun experimenting with that. Also, being that I'm a parent, I've been rocking a super chic yoga mom thing even without going full-on yoga pants -pairing a tube skirt with leggings and a cropped scuba top.
  •  

topit

my ideal style would be those regency dresses they wear in jane austen stuff u feel
but alas, i am too poooooor
so my style is like obnoxious hipster who wears colorful pants in the summer time, and when its cool enough i wear my ugly sweaters every chance i get. ugly clothes are my passion. i have a vest with pictures of pigs on it.
  •  

Marly

I tend to wear a maxi skirt and cami around the apartment. I burn real easily, so daytime the long skirt, or leggings with anything that exposes my legs would be mandatory.  If coming out allows me to keep my job, I will wear slacks to work with a nice top and perhaps a business jacket at times. At night, all bets are off and I might opt for a short skirt (I love skater skirts)
  •  

Khatru

Most of the things I wear consist of button up-shirts and jeans. I really like vintage and retro clothing so most of the shirts are patterned, paisley is my favourite. I also like scarves, suit jackets, waistcoats, etc. I'm not really a shoe person, so I just wear tan leather shoes like... everyday.
  •  

Shannon morgan

My style tends to bee a mixture. some days i just do the blue jeans sensible shoes look more for convienience than anything. But i mix it up sometimes occasionally wearing knee length dresses, skinny jeans (not blue) calf boots. all sorts really. I do tend to go for block colours as these tend to work well on me. And tops that end bellow the hip generally double layered with loose layer on top, goes along way to covering a multitude of sins :D.
  •  

Anna33

Hmmm I began my journey with a very 'teen' ish look but now I'm more chill. I like skirts, but it depends on my mood.  I wear leggings, jeans or trousers most of the time. I like to wear sandals. I do not like stilettos or shoes with a whole lot of heel.
Tops I like tank tops or t-shirts, maybe a shirt and dresses. I have some cute summer dresses which I heart!

For sleeping I normally just wear my panties and a tank top. or nothing at all.

The truth is, I often like women. I like their unconventionality. I like their completeness. I like their anonymity. - Virginia Woolf
  •  

RobynD

My style is jeans (skinny, jeggings, boot cut, boyfriend, flare) or leggings. Shirts, button up blouses, tunics and peasant tops. I wear skirts or dresses once in a great while to work but more often out for fun or traveling. I watch fashion blogs all the time and try to dress in the colors of the season.

I wear sandals, converses or flats at home and booties, boots, wedges or heels to work depending on the season. I feel super fortunate that i wear a size 10 shoe. I like charm bracelets and lots of dfferent types of barrettes and hair combs.

•  

barbie

Quote from: RobynD on November 13, 2015, 11:38:13 AM
My style is jeans (skinny, jeggings, boot cut, boyfriend, flare) or leggings. Shirts, button up blouses, tunics and peasant tops. I wear skirts or dresses once in a great while to work but more often out for fun or traveling. I watch fashion blogs all the time and try to dress in the colors of the season.

I wear sandals, converses or flats at home and booties, boots, wedges or heels to work depending on the season. I feel super fortunate that i wear a size 10 shoe. I like charm bracelets and lots of dfferent types of barrettes and hair combs.

I also wear size 10 shoes. It is easy to find size 10 in the US. but here I should order from the Internet.

Recently I found that ebay.com is a great shopping place for me. It is crazily cheap including the shipping cost, and there are so diverse fashion items.

Yesterday I ordered the following items:

Punk Roc Handmade Single Strap Big Heart Spike Leather Sock Jazz Leg Garter Belt

Women Sexy Black Lace Floral Garter Belt

Fashion Women Long Cotton Socks

Most items will be delivered from China or Hong Kong, taking 10-20 days.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Lyric

Well, you certainly do have a distinctive style, Barb. I've long been a big user eBay, too and I've noticed how Chinese sellers come up a great deal with low priced items. Living in the states I tend to avoid those, since it sometimes takes a couple of months to get things, but being in Asia already, it should work well for you.

I like to tinker around with eBay's search criteria. For awhile I was checking daily just to see what I could score for $1 with free shipping. I bought a lot of stuff that way-- clothes, hair accessories, camera gadgets, you name it. I once even bought several pairs of socks for 13 cents with free shipping. It takes a bit too much time to mine the wacky cheap deals, though, so I don't do it very often anymore.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

yokosoko

I went thru some pretty bad outfits... But I seem to have settled on a rather Asian style... I love lace! And especially tucking shirts into skirts! Those seem to be my two current favorite styles, tho as I start to look more femme I'm looking forwards to exploring more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

yokosoko

Quote from: barbie on November 14, 2015, 12:22:42 AM
I also wear size 10 shoes. It is easy to find size 10 in the US. but here I should order from the Internet.

Recently I found that ebay.com is a great shopping place for me. It is crazily cheap including the shipping cost, and there are so diverse fashion items.

Yesterday I ordered the following items:

Punk Roc Handmade Single Strap Big Heart Spike Leather Sock Jazz Leg Garter Belt

Women Sexy Black Lace Floral Garter Belt

Fashion Women Long Cotton Socks

Most items will be delivered from China or Hong Kong, taking 10-20 days.

barbie~~

Some of that stuff looks amazing? Where in Asia are you based?

•  

yokosoko

Quote from: Lyric on November 14, 2015, 09:25:27 AM
Well, you certainly do have a distinctive style, Barb. I've long been a big user eBay, too and I've noticed how Chinese sellers come up a great deal with low priced items. Living in the states I tend to avoid those, since it sometimes takes a couple of months to get things, but being in Asia already, it should work well for you.

I like to tinker around with eBay's search criteria. For awhile I was checking daily just to see what I could score for $1 with free shipping. I bought a lot of stuff that way-- clothes, hair accessories, camera gadgets, you name it. I once even bought several pairs of socks for 13 cents with free shipping. It takes a bit too much time to mine the wacky cheap deals, though, so I don't do it very often anymore.

Being in Asia doesn't mean it's cheap and easy to get stuff from Chinese sellers. Countries like philippines and Indonesia, which are around the corner have ridiculous taxes and corrupt immigration that actually makes it cheaper or the same price to have stuff shipped to the us! I once had to pay 25% import tAx + pay a broker to clear it, ++ other expenses for a dress I got from China. I almost abandoned it... Now I just order when I go to more "considerate places" like Hong Kong or Singapore or Japan (tho In Japan I just buy locally, they have so much amazing stuff!)

•  

Candi.Krol

WOW! nice find yokosoko! :D "Punk Roc Handmade Single Strap Big Heart Spike Leather Sock Jazz Leg Garter Belt"  only US $6.98! *click! :D
I do a goth-punk-glam look, but I really like that 60's gogo look as well. ALL my footwear is ridiculous, I love platforms wedges and impossible heels (and I live where we have much snow) mini skirts and of course sequins :D
these days I'm kinda looking like a skinny Nina Hagen :-o
i figure it's all age appropriate, I'm 49 :D

xox Candi
  •  

kaitylynn

Being a total hippie-girl, I tend to lean towards a bohemian style...though the tight tops make me happy too!  I am sort of lucky that I work in a uniform that is pretty simple (though there is some style in it as well).  Takes half my day's decision making away...and being a little on the mellow/lazy side, that works!

Also still losing weight to my optimum and am holding off going too crazy with my shopping.  It is really tough to look at an outfit that makes your heart pitter-patter and know that in 3 months, it ain't gonna fit the way you want.  Not enough to keep me from perusing the shops!  ;D
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

Debra

I tend to go for pencil skirts and nice tops or dresses appropriate for work and heels. But sometimes I'll go for slacks and flats or even jeans at work. When I do, my friends at work gasp cuz its so rare lol. Its kinda funny.

•  

barbie

Yesterday I tried AliExpress.com, which displays the same kinds of items available in ebay.com. The shipping cost is unbelievably cheap, as it is cheaper than domestic delivery (I live in Jeju island, South Korea).

First one I ordered yesterday.

Last August, I purchased the similar set bikini at a store near my home. The price was about US$ 40 and it was already 40% discounted as the summer was nearly ended.

The second one.

I am sure it would be at least US$ 10 at a local store here.

Regarding garter belts, the price is > US$ 10 here, even from domestic internet sites here.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •