Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

*stresses* - so the plan is to come out tomroow

Started by Tad, October 12, 2010, 04:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

some ftm guy

wow your dad sounds really creepy. if my dad did that to me i wouldn't talk to him anymore, then again i barely know my dad so I'm not even bothering telling him I'm a transmen. he'll just see me with a beard one day and he'll be like wtf? lol  i told mom though and that went amazingly well! so happy! she actually 100% supports my transitioning and said she's not ashamed of me, she doesn't not like me, and she'll never be like i don't like this and out the door that she'll always be mom no matter what whether I'm her daughter or son. i hugged her, cried and then ate peppermint.

oop sorry stole your thunder, I'll give it back to you ::)
  •  

Tad

No problem Noah.. nother letter from dad came last night. Telling me I could never be a man even with all the changes (which is true.. from a scientific standpoint).. but I'm still a guy dad. Also telling me that this was unhealthy to think about as young as 9 or 10.. and that its something I thought about and wanted then.. it's probably skewed my desires.. and would likely not be something I actually wanted now if I stopped to think about it. Told me he and mom were going to have to go into counselling over this.. etc. Anyhow. meh!
  •  

some ftm guy

well I'm glad you seem pretty well rounded and still are going for what you want regardless of your dad's opinions. wait, you still are right?
  •  

Tad

Course.. I mean yeah. Though I'll likely take a bit longer, really delve into counselling for a while.. appease the dad and such first. But if this is right, and I do believe it is, and I'm sure anyone I see over it will agree, he's not going to hold me back from doing what I need to do for me.
  •  

Kaelleria

Most parents are just worried about losing their children. It sounds like your dad is in denial at the moment. Don't be surprised if he says some pretty wierd stuff to you over the next few months/years. I know in my case, spending some time "figuring things out" with a counselor made a huge difference in the way my parents saw my gender status.

For my parents and I,  this ended up lasting around 3 years before they moved to the mourning stage. This is really where acceptance started. They knew their child was gone and were on their way to beginning to accept the new me.  Basically the point I'm trying to make is parents can take a while to come around and it might not seem like it will happen, but its possible. Having parents in your life can be a great help if you have the opportunity.

The above ticker is meant as a joke! Laugh! Everyone knows the real zombie apocalypse isn't until 12/21/12....
  •