Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Getting motivation...

Started by Robert F., October 18, 2010, 10:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert F.

Before coming to terms with myself about my gender, I was EXTREMELY apathetic about my body. I wasn't happy anyway, why bother with fitness, I thought. But now that I've come out, I want to lose weight, particularly because I don't want to appear overweight when I start T and it all starts moving to my stomach. Last time I went to the doctor, I was 130-ish, and 5'1". I'm now 5'3", but not sure about my weight. Before my next appointment, I want to get down to the 110 range. What's the best way to get motivated? What's the best way to lose weight? I mean, obviously exercising and eating right, but are there specific exercises that will help burn fat, rather than build muscle?
  •  

Bagheera

1. Motivation - just remind yourself why you are doing all of this. Sometimes it helps to have a moment to think about it and keep asking yourself why until you find a deeper, driving meaning. Ex:
   I want to lose weight so I don't appear overweight when I start T. Why?
   I want to look good. Why?
   Looking good will improve my self esteem. Why?
   Etc. Just keep going and you'll find a reason to keep you motivated, if those are not enough. :)
2. Aerobic exercise in your target heart range is essential. HIIT (high intensity interval training) is also pretty awesome for fat burning.
  •