Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Rally To Restore Sanity And/Or Fear

Started by Kayla, October 30, 2010, 11:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayla

I'm sure everyone has heard of the Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert joint rally, but it was yesterday. I would have loved to attend (I live in Northern VA, less than a 90 minute drive from DC), but I couldn't make it so I watched it live on Comedy Central, and thought it was great. I loved the way it played out like an episode of the Daily Show with Jon being the voice of reason amongst absurd correspondents. I also thought the general message that the current 24 hour news channels only give inflammatory news and ultimately divide us. Aside from that, it was pretty funny, with Colbert giving the medal to the 7 year old girl who was braver than NPR and NBC (who refused to attend), Colbert's poem, Peace/Crazy/Love Train, that one correspondent dressed as Peter Pan, and Colbert's news montage.

But yeah, anyone else attend/watch the event, and what does everyone else think?
  •