Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

body scanners and pat downs

Started by RAY, November 17, 2010, 03:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY

I find this to a invasion of personal freedom and civil rights. The use of such technology is a virtual strip search and basically a form of rape. This government must be held accountable for such abuses of power. Nothing will stop a determined terrorist from taking a plane down. The use of less intrusive means can be used, using k9 dogs train for bomb sniffing , real checks on those whom are doing these acts such as the expired  student visa middle east individuals, other ways that don't violate your rights. This just gets me angry at my government. start by firing the head of TSA and work your way down. they are not real security just an illusion's of one.
  •  

Asfsd4214

Rape is sexual intercourse without consent.

It's questionable to what degree this situation is 'consented'. It's unquestionably NOT sexual intercourse.

So I think comparing it to rape is going a little far.

It might however be sexual assault in at least certain confined cases, and I agree with you that it's going too far.

Not sure I'd agree it's ineffective, just not effective enough to warrant the intrusion.
  •