Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Close enough (neopagan / wicca)

Started by oniRyan, November 27, 2010, 10:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oniRyan

tao-magic / shamanism / voodoo / things other than wicca that have ties to the elements...

I practice most of them, but not wicca...

I'm cherokee, and sihg`ghee (aproximated spelling)

I work as at a UU church (with the CUUPS group and quite a few committees) ... the word "deacon" might be used, though my congregation doesn't use such titles. Titles aren't really important to me, what matters is being caring and loving to the world.

sihg`ghee is the ultimate queer / LGBT "catch all" word, especially when you're intersexed and genderfluid (expressing both genders from time to time, sometimes both simultaneously) ... the word LITERALLY means "chimeric artisan" or "shaman witch" or "queer person" ... or even "that way" -----> transliteration is "two spirit"

I've studied wicca somewhat, and even practice some of the ways, though don't really address any particular named deity in as much as "spirit" or "quintisense" (( the fifth element you would say )) ... for a pentacle, the five points are the four earth-based elements as well as, you guessed it =^.^=

rather than wearing a pentacle these days, I tend to just be proud of my heritage and dress appropriately for a sihg`ghee. that's complicated, but you might say it's a blending / fluidity of male and female attire... I'm female bodied, though some days the ambiguity means that only my figure and voice (as well as the purse / medicine bundle I carry) allows anyone to use any sort of gendered pronouns addressing or reffering to me.

does anyone else have a similar experience?
  •  

KittyLondon273

Hello!

My name is Katherine.  Your post is very interesting.  I used to consider myself pagan, not necessarily Wiccan but modern pagan.  Nowadays I don't practice it but I find any religion or culture very interesting.  I also hear many Unitarian churches are very accepting of people of different genders and religions.  I have only attended one UU church once, but it was nice there.

Well I hope you like this forum!  I look forward to seeing other posts from you!

Katherine V. London.
  •