Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I talked with one of my friends

Started by stephanie, August 30, 2005, 12:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie

Besides my therapist, she is the third person to know about me (Stephanie).  When I told her, I decided not to dance around it like I have with everyone else.  She knew I was seeing a therapist, and she finally asked me why.  I simply said, "because I want to get a sex change."  She and I have been friends since high school and I distinctly remember talking with her about this way back in my sophomore year.  She remembered too and understood when I brought her up to speed on my situation.  I can't say she was thrilled with the idea and I think it kind of creeps her out imagining me in women's clothes, but she reassured me that our friendship would not change, and she would not disappear.  So I'm happy for that.

Now I still have to tell my parents.  That's the big one.
  •  

Dennis

Way to go Steph. It's one brick in the wall. Every bit of support counts.

Dennis
  •  

cjbutterfly

Well done Sephanie, you'll need all the support that you can get, to get you through transitioning. :angel:

Your parents will be the big one though, and you have to think just how much you depend on them for your own quality of life, if you depend on them for a haome for instance, test the water a little drop some very subtle hints, mother first, a woman is more likely to be understanding than a man. ;D
  •  

Shelley

Way to go Stephanie,

It must be lovely to have a friend that you have known for so long whoyou can share this with.

Good luck with mum and dad.

Shelley
  •  

stephanie_craxford

That's great news Stephanie, and pay heed to what CJ said.  Getting your circle of support in place before you take any major steps is the best route to go, as you will definitely need them along the way.  Parent's are a big one.  I haven't told mine yet, but for me it's not a big deal as they are in England, and we are not that close to start with and we don't need to depend on them for anything.  I/we plan on telling them soon.  We told my wife's Mon (she's 85, and her farther passed away) and although she doesn't understand it she still loves us, and supports us.

Take care

Steph
  •