Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How to lose my belly fat?

Started by Rosa, February 11, 2011, 06:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosa

I could stand to lose 20 or 30 pounds (I'm 6' and around 185), but it seems most of all that fat is right in my belly centered at my naval.  I've got some in my upper chest, but I'm not complaining about that!  This belly fat just seems to increase my feelings of dysphoria because in my mind it seems like such a guy thing.

Any ideas on how to specifically lose belly fat, or is it just a matter of eating less and exercising in general?
  •  

Miniar

You can't choose where you lose fat.
The general rule of thumb is "last on, first off".

Mind you, generally getting exercise and consuming less calories than you burn will cause you to burn fat.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

deydra110

I have struggled with my weight now for about ten years. Since I have had my last child. I took Xenical (orlistat) <dosage deleted by moderator> for 4 months together with a healthy diet that includes none oily foods, without even exercising and surprisingly lost 30 pounds...this drug is great, effective and safe. It's pretty easy to get it online without a prescription. <source deleted by moderator>
Good luck !
  •  

Deborah

It just takes time and a calorie deficit.  The deficit can be from a combination of diet and exercise.  Cleaning up what you eat helps too by eliminating processed foods and especially processed carbs.  That greatly reduces your sugar intake and reduces the body's insulin response.

And if you're anything like me, whether you're on T or E isn't going to make much difference.   The belly fat wants to stay and will be the last to go.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

BryanCooke

Try exercises or programme fitness
  •  

Jennifer RachaelAnn

Try cutting as much sugar out of your diet as possible. I cut sugar about a month and a half ago, and I've already lost 15 pounds, and lost some belly fat.
"There are many who would take my time. I shun them.
There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them.
There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them."

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•  

Deborah

Eliminate sugar.
Eliminate all wheat products.
Eliminate industrial produced vegetable oils.
Reduce carbs to a maximum of 150g per day.  Less than 100 g if you are trying to lose weight.  Less than 50 g if you want to really move things along.
Eat a healthy amount of protein, probably somewhere between 100 to 120 g per day.
Fill the rest of your calories with good fats from natural sources.

That will work and will also leave you a lot healthier.

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •