Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

vocal training and aspergers

Started by joshany12, March 03, 2011, 07:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshany12

i dont know if there is anyone on here who has apergers (or any autistic spectrum disorder for that matter) who could help me on this one.
i know in essence the theory behind vocal training, but due to my aspergers i have real issues recognising tone of voice, inflection, just all that stuff to do with vocal training.  :(
anyone with those same issues tried to go through vocal training? and if so how sucessful was it for you?
  •  

marelivki

Yea, I had the same problem... You need to keep practising, listening, comparing and focusing your whole attention of your recorded voice, because I assume you do it. If you still have problems with judging whether your voice sounds feminine or not - ask somebody ;) Even stranger! Due to Aspergers, I had another problem. My prosody owing to aspergers was really strange, a bit theatrical, weird... I was considered to express myself very baroque. Now I need to speak carefully, controlling myself, can't express such strong emotions or feelings, need to center on calm speaking, because due to such prosody, you can really sound bad... Or simply can't hold the voice on the right tone, pitch and stuff
  •