Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

A Trip To The Manicurist With Large Hands

Started by erocse, March 03, 2011, 05:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erocse

Well a couple of weeks ago I was in Palm springs visiting my brother in-law and his family. His wife is a manicurist so it didn't take long to talk me into coming to where she worked to get my nails done. I got my first set of acrylics. Needless to say, I loved them.

So I am back in Oregon and my nails are growing out and I broke nails. So it was time to get them done again. So I made an appointment  at a place I have never been to. One of my insecurity is my large hands. My hands where always larger than most males and although they have gotten a bit smaller because I have lost some muscle mass . I take better care of them so they look allot nicer I still don't like them, but that's life, right, oh well.

I had resigned myself to the fact that they will clock me. I mean they're  beauticians , right, they should be able to see past the makeup and hair. Working so close to me and the size of my hands, how could they miss it? . I just thought I didn't have a chance to be stealth. Anyway It didn't bother me too much, I needed my nail done.

Things were going very well . The girl was very nice and talkative and some of the other girls that were not busy joined in. I had mentioned that I had three daughters, and on and on..... After awhile Patty (my wife) and daughter walked in. They came over and talked with me for awhile then said they were going to the mall to shop . All the time the manicurist continued working on my nails. After Patty and my daughter left. The girl asked  "was that your sister and her daughter". I paused for a moment ( because I am still getting used to our new relationship) I said "no that was my daughter and my partner". She said "oh" and was quiet for a moment then said  "so did you have your daughters before you met your partner" . :) :) :)  OMG she had no idea how amazing she made me feel just then. I was dumb struck and could not say a word. Then she said something like "or are they adopted?" I didn't answer and she went on to another subject. My head was spinning, WOW what a complement !!!! :) :) :)

Just thought I would share.

Hugs Rox
  •  

lancem27

Wow!! :D Congratulations Roxy, that must have been amazing!
  •  

spacial

•  

Janet_Girl

You should have just said "Yes".  I get that when I mention my four kids.  People just assume that the woman in front of them had the child.

But it is still way cool, Roxy.  Next step will be for you to learn to do your own nails.  It really isn't that hard.
  •  

Cindy

Awesome Roxy,

I bet you floated for the rest of the day.

There a couple of very feminine woman at my work who have hands much larger than mine. One of them takes size 13 shoes,not sure what that is in USA shoe size, but it's big even for a guy. Otherwise she is quite petite.

Cindy
  •  

justmeinoz

Fantastic!  I got through the supermarket checkout this arfternoon with a "possible" pass and felt good, so you must be feeling awesome.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Giselle Marie

QuoteOMG she had no idea how amazing she made me feel just then

What a wonderful feeling that must of been; you must of been on cloud nine

•  

Maegan

Well done Roxy!! :D Hopefully I will find myself in similar situation one day.
Has your head stopped spinning yet?  :D

Huggs

Maegan

Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.
  •  

Maegan

OMG!!!! I just noticed that Giselle has less than a week to her SRS!!

Giselle, you must be so nervous, yet excited!!! Best of luck with the op sweetie!!  :-*

A BIG hug! :)

Maegan

Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.
  •  

annette

Hi Roxy

Congrats honey, that's an amazing expirience.
The fact is that we all have "something "we don't like about ourselves and we think others will notice that "something".
In your case it were your hands but it's also a fact that there are so many varities with people that others will never notice that something.

Roxy, I can tell you, I had a sister in law ( a shame she died of cancer) and she was more than 6 foot tall, with big hands( bigger than mine) and big foot.
But she was just so feminine and pretty, allways with a big laugh and she could make people feel better for a while.
No need to say that we adored her and we all had grieves when she became ill.

What I just want to say Roxy  is that it's all about the way you present yourself, when you are a nice friendly lady you look more feminine and prettier than in a bad mood.

There is no reason that someone will clock you, after all, you are nice friendly lady, and the way you are presenting yourself is invitable for a nice talk.
So, forget about the size of your hands, there is more to a woman than hands sweety, and you are more woman than you think right now, far more.

So, dear friend, you can have confidence in the way you look, nobody will ever read you, quite impossible.

A big kiss and hugs
annette
  •  

annette

And Maegan, when I look at your avatar I can't find any reason why you shouldn't be in a simulair situation.

You look great.

hugs
annette
  •  

bethw

Earth to Roxy. Can we help you get down from cloud 9? Only  kidding. That's great Roxy.
Hugs
Beth
" To live is to dance. To dance is to live." Snoopy (aka Charles Shultz)
  •  

Melody Maia

Quote from: annette on March 04, 2011, 04:31:39 PM
And Maegan, when I look at your avatar I can't find any reason why you shouldn't be in a simulair situation.

You look great.

hugs
annette

Annette, I'm pretty sure Maegan's profile pic is of Jessica Alba. She is a pretty famous American actress.
and i know that i'm never alone
and i know that my heart is my home
Every missing piece of me
I can find in a melody

O
  •  

Maegan

Hi Melody,

I really wish that it was me in my avatar, but unfortunately it is not.
As soon as I have more courage, I will change my avatar to a pic of myself. I the meantime, I can only dream.  ;D

Huggs

Maegan

•  

Joni

Congrats, how did you remove yourself from the ceiling?
  •  

xAndrewx

I love the new avatar Roxy, you look beautiful :)

I love the nail salon people. I've been passing as my mom's son since before I even came out. We'd go in and they'd be talking to her then look at me and say "So is this your son?"  :D I'm glad that you had such an awesome experience :)

annette

Thanks for the update Melody and Maegan

hugs
annette
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Andrew Scott on March 05, 2011, 02:31:09 AM
I love the new avatar Roxy, you look beautiful :)

I love the nail salon people. I've been passing as my mom's son since before I even came out. We'd go in and they'd be talking to her then look at me and say "So is this your son?"  :D I'm glad that you had such an awesome experience :)

That my friend is just as gorgeous, sorry to reference a comment to a guy with gorgeous attached but you know what I mean I hope.

Cindy
  •