Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

(eep!) YAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!

Started by Alyssa M., March 09, 2011, 01:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyssa M.

Wow, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!!!! How did I miss this before? Susan, mods, whoever is responsible for adding this forum section -- thank you so much!

So, yeah, I was just thinking about voice, so I guess I'll post here. A little girl told me the other day at a church function that I "have a funny voice." Well, I guess I'll take that as a voice of confidence. At least she didn't tell me I'm a boy (which has happened before). Someone else I met recently asked me (in a remarkably non-judgmental way) about my gender, on account of my "deep voice" and facial features. Sigh. I guess I'm just over the whole "worrying about passing" thing. I know I don't, in general, and I know it's getting better with time. And ... eventually ... FFS should help.

But I guess it's good to know I have a ways to go with my voice, though I know it's better than it used to be.

Meanwhile, more singing. I'm learning that it's hard to hit a pianissimo C5 (523Hz) when sleep deprived. Number one piece of advice for voice training: get a good night's sleep!
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

Jamiess

I agree. I have been working on my voice for a while.
  •  

Constance

I've been in the habit for so long of intentionally pitching my voice low to be taken seriously as a man, that I forget to modulate my voice differently while en femme. I guess I just need to be as intentional about a femme voice as I was about creating a man voice. Hopefully, the femme voice will be as reflexive at some point as the man voice is now.

joshany12

best of luck :)

i still havent found a good method for myself (having aspergers syndrome has made finding a good vocal training method all the harder) but i wish you the best of luck  ;)
  •