News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Fantasies Or Delusions . . .

Started by gina_taylor, September 01, 2005, 09:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gina_taylor

Hi Allison

Ok, so what are your delusions in regards to? being a woman?

Yes, that is one of the delusions  that my therapist is talking about.
He also thinks that due to the damage done to the frontal lobe of my brain due to an accident twenty-seven years ago has something to do with this as well. He believes that I live in a fantasy world and I can't tell what is real anymore.

•  

Sarah Louise

Yes, it really does look like its time to seek a "second, third" whatever opinion.  I don't think your current person is willing to accept Transsexualism.

Just my opinion, and probably not worth a lot.

Sarah
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Dennis

Although, and I'm not saying anything about Gina's particular case here, there also probably are some people who are delusional rather than transsexual. The therapists aren't always wrong when they say it's something else.

I agree, get a second opinion, but don't shop around till you find someone that confirms your own diagnosis. If they keep coming in as not trans, maybe there is another issue there. The last thing you want is regrets because you forced the diagnosis.

Dennis
  •  

gina_taylor

Thanks to all. I will most definately seek a second opinion.

My psychiatrist had talked with me and then he talked with my parents and then he came to the conclusion that I am delusional.
I believe that it is all right to have credit cards in my 'feminine' name and I honestly believe that I am married to a wonderful man, and we will be celebrating our first anniversary in November. I just received a letter from him today and he's very excited about it!  :)

Gina
  •  

Shelley

Sounds like your on the right track Gina,

That just doesn't sound like what a therapist is supposed does it?

Shelley
  •  

gina_taylor

You see Shelley, I've been fortunate that I get things sent to my P.O. Box under different names , so occasionally i get credit card aplications sent to me under my feminine name, and I've been able to get credit cards issued to me. My psychiatrist thinks that that is delusional.

Even though my husband is in a correctional facility for the next five years, we still enjoy corresponding with each other through the mail system. But again my psychaitrist thinks that I'm delusional to think that I'm married.

Gina
  •  

Kimberly

Delusional, no. Unwise, yes. Legal things should *always* be in your legal name. I think the term is fraud but I'm not certain. Still, depends on the legal documents you signed to get the card in the first place I'd imagine.

My advice: Make sure you do not give anyone any excuses.

As far as delusional goes, I've not heard anything that I would call delusional.
Being transsexual can *easily* be called delusional. Look at it from the perspective of thinking being a man or being a woman is black and white and there are no in-betweens. If I were to tell such a person that I was a girl how possibly can they compute that. That I am delusional is the only logical answer.
Moral: Understand why someone tells you something before you believe it ;)

Judging by what you have said of the therapist, it would not by chance be a traditional sort.. older possibly. Believe marriage is man & woman at a church only.. that sort of thing?
  •  

AllisonY2K

QuoteBut again my psychaitrist thinks that I'm delusional to think that I'm married.

Ok, I'm go to bite on this one. Are you married?
pardon my bluntness. most states recognize marriage as a union between a man and a woman. even for TS she would have to be post-op to marry a genetic male. or a pre-op MtF TS could marry a pre-op FtM TS. unless you live in a state where same-sex marriage is legal since technically a pre-op MtF is still male, so you could in essence marry another male. but seeing that you live in FL (like myself) that wouldn't apply unless you applied for a license in a state that recognizes same-sex marriage.
  •  

gina_taylor

Kimberly, very interesting way of thinking, and yes I do tend to agree with you that it is all balck and white. But I will tak egreat care  with the legal things with the credit cards, but as said I haven't had any problems with it.

Allison, Tony and I are married through the process of exchanging of wedding gifts, and he considers me his wife as I condsider him my husband, until we can get proper marriage papers done. But I do  understand that Florida is against same-sex marriages, but there are other states that do approve of it.

I may try out that idea of trying to find a gender counselor long-distance.

Am I delusional for thinking that I am happily married. I have never been so happy in my life before. This has been the best time of my life. I have found someone who truely loves me for who I am. :angel:

Gina
  •