Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Trouble with acne scars and light beard shadow

Started by JessicaR, March 13, 2011, 09:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessicaR

I guess this is a dual question:

I've had 2 years of laser treatment and I'm still working at it.... The remaining shadow is limited to patchy sections of where a guy would have a goatee. It's not really dark and it doesn't get noticed unless you get close but I see it and it drives me nuts. To compound the problem, I have mild "rolling" acne scarring on most of my chin so whenever I try to use a thicker concealer or foundation it looks like stucco. My fave foundation is Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse... It covers well and doesn't look plastered-on. It's not a passing issue, really... just something that I wish I had a better way of dealing with.

So.... Does anyone have any suggestions about concealing the shadow without adding layers of makeup and accentuating the scarring?

Also, does anyone have any experience with topical meds like Tretinoin 1% or devices like the "dermaroller" that might help with the scarring?

•  

meliaMANNEQUiN

a good way to do it is to do your foundation first until the rest of your skin looks how you like it, and then use a full coverage concealer (mac studio finish concealer is great) only on the problem area once you're done with the foundation. take a concealer brush and pat the concealer onto the problem area until it's all covered, then smooth out the edges so it blends in with the rest of your makeup and then set everything with a light layer of powder. it also helps to use a foundation primer (any of the make up for ever ones are great) before you do your foundation, because it's like a moisturizer that smooths everything out.
  •  

Jamiess

I have a dark shadow. I saw a girl on youtube put orange lipstick on her face. She just put spots on her face and then spread it around. I think it helps the foundation stick better. She said you can use bright red that's not glossy. I have been doing this and it seems to help. I have not tried to put on makeup without it since, so I can guarantee that I will work. It may be worth a try. If it works for you too let me know.

Jas
  •  

Janet_Girl

I use Revlon's Colorstay to cover the shadow I have on the upper lip.  I use a foundation brush to dab the foundation on and then feather it out and blend.  Also use a good prime first.  Helps smooth out pores and fine wrinkles.

For the scars, have you ever tried ScarZone?  Or just vitamin E.  Both help to minimize scars.  I have a scar on my neck from a surgery.  I used both and most people never see the scar.
  •  

RAY

My old ache scars plus other old wound scars are something for me old reminders I want to be rid of.
  •