News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Querying Name Change Update

Started by Clare, April 02, 2011, 03:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clare

Hi all,

Just under a month ago (think it was 4th March) I sent copies of my Deed Poll and a letter to HMRC (for tax), HMRC's NI Contributions department, DWP (social security) and to DWP's Disability Living Allowance department.

I got one back from HMRC containing 2 copies of my Deed Poll. Though the the HMRC department wasn't the same place as NI Contributions (one was Cardiff and the other Blackpool). However, the place I sent my general DWP letter to was the same as the place I sent the HMRC to (well same building).

Since then I got a letter back from DWP's DLA department too (think it was last week) and the copy of my Deed Poll. So I don't really know what's going on now.

What I mean is, not entirely sure which departments have updated my details (well besides DLA and NI Contributions)... And there's still one outstanding to even send my Deed Poll back to me.

I wasn't sure if I should assume they've actually updated my details and maybe filed my Deed Poll, but... I don't know, get the feeling they haven't. I do know though that all these places have got the letters because I did "Record and Signed for" delivery.

Just wondered if people think I'd be as well contacting HMRC and DWP? I did get confirmation from the others my details are being/have been updated.

They never do straightforward very well, eh!
  •