Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

And YOUR favorite BAND of all time IS?

Started by Lacey Lynne, April 11, 2011, 12:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gadgett

Scott Kelley: You guys are here on a good day.
Zak Bagans: What's that suppost to mean?
Scott Kelley: The building will talk to you today."
  •  

Morgan.

Half of life is f**king up, the other half is dealing with it. - Henry Rollins

•  

Tossu-sama

Metallica, no question.

Mom got me into Metallica when I was just nine and I've been listening to them ever since. I don't blindly worship them as some musical gods, I can honestly say if some song is just bad (like the whole St. Anger for example). The thing is that I've been listening to Metallica for so long that most of their songs have many of my memories in them and I could also blame them for my English skills. :D
And I really wouldn't mind having Hetfield's voice...
  •  

tekla

I worked a couple of the recent Metallica shows at the Fillmore in SF, load-in, set-up, spot light, decorations.  It was pretty cool.  When Lou Reed came out and played with them, it was pretty inspired.  Could have done w/o Kid Rock, but the guy from Anthrax lit it up.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Puck

David Bowie, been indoctrinated from a young age by my dad. Very clever.
I can't blame the guy..

•  

K Style Addiction

Nirvana! I also like Queen, Lady Gaga, The Stones, David Bowie etc.
All I can say is that my life is pretty plain, I like watchin' the puddles gather rain.

Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage
  •  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

tekla

I'm just a Juggalo, everybody's knows...

I hope your kidding, because I've done lots of shows with them, and I know they are.
  •  

King Malachite

Lol it was hard to choose so I figured ok why not them
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

•  

N.Chaos

Marilyn Manson will always be my number one, and I know someone eventually is bound to rag on me for that, but I don't care. His music was the only bright point during the worst points of my life, and that means the world to me.

Pink Floyd is a very, very close second, though. As is Florence + The Machine.
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: N.Chaos on January 16, 2012, 02:28:48 PM
Marilyn Manson will always be my number one, and I know someone eventually is bound to rag on me for that, but I don't care. His music was the only bright point during the worst points of my life, and that means the world to me.

Pink Floyd is a very, very close second, though. As is Florence + The Machine.

Marilyn Manson's music is the reason I got through the second semester of college last year.  I brought his guns god and government tour on my psp and played it when I had a break in between classes

•  

tekla

ICP should be in the rock and roll hall of fame just for the lyric line: >-bleeped-<in' magnets, how do they work?

Guess old Shaggy and J were out getting stoned that day and missed a third grade science class.  Then again, so did most of the Republican candidates for President.
  •  

N.Chaos

Quote from: Malachite on January 16, 2012, 02:31:53 PM
Marilyn Manson's music is the reason I got through the second semester of college last year.  I brought his guns god and government tour on my psp and played it when I had a break in between classes

His music is the reason I got through a lot of >-bleeped-<. It seems to be a common rallying-thing, he's just really goddamn inspirational, I think.
  •  

schism

ehh, of all time?  .... NIN or devin townsend band.  they're not exclusively my favourite music acts, though.  i don't tend to listen to bands as much as i listen to composers or producers. 
  •  

Gretchen

•  

supremecatoverlord

Meow.

•  

Gretchen

Quote from: tekla on December 27, 2011, 11:39:52 AM
Could have done w/o Kid Rock, but the guy from Anthrax lit it up.

Why would anyone let Kid Rock on the stage in the first place.
  •  

tekla

It was a rock star thing, and as an official non-rock star I don't have a clue, I've always thought he sucked.  But I've always though the same thing about Lars.  Mister 3 tennis shoes in a dryer.  But they let Lars play anyway.
  •  

Gretchen

I've never really had much of an opinion about Lars, but Metalica in general I do have an opinion. After the album And Justice for All I came to the conclusion that they had retired never to make music again, and out of the blue some alien beings used there body's as host body's and started playing really crappy music. They even made an album that was all black just like that one band who I think was called Spinal Tap.
  •