Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Meditation

Started by Anatta, April 28, 2011, 03:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you meditate?

Yes, everyday, I find it very helpful
3 (30%)
Yes, but not as often as I would like
3 (30%)
Yes, but I find it difficult to stay focused
1 (10%)
No, but I would like to learn
0 (0%)
No, I have no interest whatsoever
1 (10%)
Meditation just doesn't work for me
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Anatta

Kia Ora all,

::) Please vote on the above or answer the following questions or if you like do both...

Do you meditate?
Has it brought you any benefits?
Would you like to learn how to meditate?
Or do you think it's a load of mumbo jumbo and a waste of time?

Happy Mindfulness

Metta Zenda :)

PS My real full name is 'Polly' Compulsive Pollster  :) ;)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora,
For those who would like to learn Meditation but have no wish to follow any particular spiritual path, this link will take you to a free online book called "Mindfulness in Plain English" It's the A to Z of Vispassana Meditation...The author of this book "Venerable H.Gunaratana Mahathera"  practices Theravada Buddhism, but he explains quite clearly you don't have to be a Buddhist to greatly benefit from meditation...And the contents of this book is truly in "Plain English"

It's said by many that in order to learn meditation one must have a teacher, for the most part this is true, but if you have self motivation and the patience to learn, you will eventually begin to experience a meditative state

So enjoy!

http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma4/mpe14.html

Happy Mindfulness

Metta Zenda
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

VeryGnawty

Kundalini Meditation
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

kate durcal

Mumbo jumbo, as useful as vodoo
  •  

Amazon D

I meditate on the slight pain i get from working my garden. Its like i go into a trance state when i am working hard in the garden. I just zone out the rest of the world and sweat like a amish horse on a hot day on a long drive.  ;)

Today a neighbor broke my meditation when she asked how my gardening was going , so i said its in Gods hands and then i realized how sweaty i was and ran for the hose to wash down.
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•