Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Happiness...What makes you happy???

Started by Anatta, April 30, 2011, 09:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora,

::)There are a growing number of psychologists/psychotherapists  in the West who are incorporating Buddhist philosophy into their approach to helping their patients/clients overcome anxiety and other issues like anger and depression...

Many psychologists are calling Buddhism the "Happy Religion"...  I personally don't see Buddhism as a religion, but whatever one likes to call it, it certainly does make the experienced practitioner happy...[Perhaps the Buddha was a self taught psychotherapist and a very good one at that..] 

How most people tend to experience happiness is sporadic,  it's here one minute then gone the next, they are left wondering when they are going to find happiness again..

Why do you 'think' it's so difficult for some people to maintain a steady flow of happiness in their lives? And what makes you happy?

When I say happiness, I don't mean over the moon :icon_geekdance: jumping with joy  :icon_joy:    :icon_dance: happiness, just a sense of wellbeing/satisfaction/contentment...

A Taoist proverb with a Buddhist flavour [a clue to achieving this]...

"If you want to experience fulfilment in your life, learn to spend more time wanting what you 'already' have, and spend less time wanting what you don't have!"

Happy Mindfulness

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •